All reviews jungle lodge howler monkeys ceiling fan mosquito netting outdoor shower sunrise tour shared bathroom park entrance visiting tikal junior suite tikal ruins travel agent temple iv hot water our tour guide flores airport great pool
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My friends and I spent one night at Jungle Lodge and the experience wasn't bad given the fact that we were literally in the jungle. It is by no means luxurious, but it's also better than other places where I've stayed in the past.

PROS: #1 The location can't be beat. It is LITERALLY right outside the entrance to Tikal Park. #2 The cabins are modern, clean and had more space than I expected. #3 The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodated my friends and me as best as they could. We arrived at the Lodge around 10PM, which is normally when they shut off power for the night. They graciously offered us a 30-minute grace period so we could get ourselves ready for bed. #4 I can honestly say that my room appeared to be completely bug free. No roaming ants or mosquitoes buzzing around. #5 The shower had an incredible skylight above the rain showerhead and BOY did my shower feel luxurious!

CONS: #1 Because it is an eco-lodge, the electricity is only on for specific blocks of time throughout the day. During my visit, those times were: 6AM-8AM, 1PM-3PM and 5PM-10PM. #2 There is NO air conditioning installed in the cabins and it can get quite warm in the summer. During black-out periods, there is a fan that runs continuously but it did absolutely nothing to cool the room. It felt as though they needed to switch the direction of the blades to rotate counter-clockwise so it forced air down to cool the room. #3 Because my friends and I were heading out for the sunrise tour, it meant getting up around 3:30AM to get ready to meet our guide at 4AM. It would have been nice to have had some electricity then. Instead I had to put in my contact lenses and get ready in the dark. #4 The mosquito net over my bed appeared to be purely decorative and non-functional. There was a slit at the top and I couldn't pull the side draping closed. #5 While the lodge offers a shuttle from and to the Flores airport, it is NOT complimentary. My friends and I had to pay an additional $30USD each for the roundtrip fee.

Overall, in terms of location and value, Jungle Lodge is a great option for visiting Tikal.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
JungleLodgeTikal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jungle Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

As you mentioned on your review we are a eco-lodge, so we generate our own electricity through generators, that is why we only have electric power on certain time of the day... Thank you for advice on the mosquitos nets, and the fan´s blades. We will check that matter right away.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2018

There is not a whole lot of choice for lodging in Tikal. This one is clearly the best! This almost seems like a luxury resort. The restaurant was very good with good service. There is a play room next to the front desk with a movie theater, foosball and a pool table. The pool is very nice and great for kids because there's not deep areas. The best part of the hotel is the location! It's the closely place to stay to Tikal. It is seriously only a 3 minute walk from the lobby to the checkpoint entrance.

We paid for the master suite and it was awesome having our own jacuzzi. We had little kids with us and it was nice closing the sliding door to the sitting area so they could have their own room. The place had nice soap and shampoo and the bed & furniture was nice. The only downside is there's no air conditioning. The fan does not turn off at night, so it's not unbearable.

Date of stay: June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your Master suite.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest, we hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I went here with my daughter. We had a wonderful time. Electricity is only available at certain times of the day, as is wifi, but that was OK with me. My 25 year old daughter probably felt differently. Tikal is jaw-dropping. I NEED to go back, repeatedly.

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank alessandrabackpacks
JungleLodgeTikal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jungle Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Alessandra,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel, we are happy that you enjoyed Tikal and Jungle Lodge.

We hope to see you back soon and have you as our guest again.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Our travel agent recommended the Tikal Inn, but after visiting TripAdvisor we changed to Jungle Lodge and were very happy with our decision. It is in the midst of a refurbishing and the benefits of that change are very nice. The common area - while being refurbished - is fantastic. It includes the restaurant, nice bar and game room with a pool table, foosball table and theater seating with a television. The pool was a nice feature but is a bit aged. It even has wifi in the common areas and the pool, but that's it. Plus power turns off a few times during the day and around 10p.

The staff was warm and hospitable. The restaurant had a nice menu with a wide range of foods - which was very important because since there are few places to eat in the park. The food was also fairly priced even though we were pretty much a captive audience.

Our bungalow was a nice size with mosquito netting incase we wanted to leave the windows open. Wild animals were all around. Everything felt new and was clean.

Would certainly return to Jungle Lodge the next time we visit Tikal.

Room tip: Stay in a private bungalow versus a common room with shared bathrooms.
Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank 2369andya
JungleLodgeTikal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jungle Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking time to review your stay. We are very happy that we were part of your experience here in Tikal.

It was a pleasure having you as one of our guest, and we hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

After looking at dark pictures on the web, I told my partner that we may be "roughing" it a bit, and wasn't quite sure what to expect. We were both pleasantly surprised with a comfortable, modern room and bath, helpful staff, wonderful little pool to cool off in after a hot afternoon at the ruins and a restaurant with good food. This lodge is in the middle of the jungle, expect everything that comes along with that environment. But I would suggest to the management that they have a professional take photos of their place, as the current ones don't do it justice. We really enjoyed our time in Tikal and this was the perfect place to relax as well as take full advantage of the close proximity to Tikal.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JungleLodgeTikal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jungle Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and for choosing us to be part of your trip, we are very happy that your stay was pleasant, we will inform our manager on the dark pictures on the web, as to offer a better quality picture.