“You'll Love it!”
other travellers have booked this property
Main King size en-suite bedroom
Cottage from the garden Plant filled comfotable cypress patio.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cottage from the garden
Plant filled comfotable cypress patio.
Very well equipped open plan Kitchen and breakfast bar.
Graden Queen bedroom.
Twin bedroom
parking entrance from the quiet road
bathroom with high powered twin showers.
Ping pong, darts and parking area.
View from main car entrance.
garden view from the cypress patio
Santa Fe fire place
Living room
8 place dining table.
patio and front door.
Flyin over Lake Atitlan
View 3 mins walk from the cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

LorraineA...
Warrenton, Virginia
“You'll Love it!”
Reviewed 21 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Traveling to foreign countries is always exciting but it can also be stressful when making plans for accommodations. Matt's home is welcoming, warm and cozy and had everything one could need. It was clean and beautifully decorated with large windows and Mayan art. The beds were comfy. The flowers in the garden were lovely. Tucked away outside Pana, the neighborhood seemed quite safe and everyone we passed was friendly.. It was only a 10 min. tuk tuk into town and a 5 minute walk to see the lake. The cemetery on the way is quite interesting. Matt has two bikes in good condition. The cell phone is such an extra special service to help guests communicate locally. We just loved the fireplace and the back patio with the awning even in the pouring rain. Our visit was too short and I want to bring my whole family back to this lovely home when visiting Lake Atitlan again. If you are trying to decide where to stay and reading this, Don't look any further, YOU'LL LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing your charming home on airbnb, Matt and family.

Liked best: The garden
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
7 Dec 2016
Thank you so much. Hope that you return soon. Matt
nahdeelop...
Detroit, Michigan
“This is it!! Look no further!!”
Reviewed 12 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

I absolutely fell in love with this house!! It is hidden away, very private, secluded hideaway, BUT only 5 minute tuc-tuc ride to the hustle & bustle. Had every amenitie we could want, especially the WI-FI. Was very homey and welcoming. Jauna the cook & cleaning lady was amazing, best meal we had while in Pana. Jesus the gardner was very helpful, brought us water whenever we needed it and watered the garden and flowers everyday.

My one & only single complaint was my driver had a hard time finding the house.
My recommendation would be a house #.

Other than that everything was absolutely perfect.
Would love to return.

Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
7 Dec 2016
Thank you so much. We recommend our guests using our trusted drivers who know all the houses. I can send a detailed map to any guests who need it. Matt
kskells
Providence, Rhode Island
“Stay here to feel like a Panajachelean.”
Reviewed 4 January 2015 for a stay in November 2013

La Casa Solhana is a hidden gem that I am glad to have found while planning my trip to Panajachel. Upon my arrival to Pana I was able to find La Casa Solhana very easily since it can be found on Google maps. As I navigated the streets I began to worry how I was going to deal with parking since the streets were very busy and somewhat narrow than what I am accustomed to. When I reached the house I met Matt for the first time who is a tall slim very easy going fellow. He gave me the keys to his gorgeous property, and gave me and my girlfriend a quick tour. I told him about my worry of the streets as well as parking, but Matt explained that there were these motorized bikes called Tuc Tuc that ran into the high traffic area of Pana so that if I wanted I did not even have to take the car out. With that being said my mind was put at ease, and I found that riding Tucs (For a small amount of Quetzales) is probably the most convenient way to go around the local area anyway. After Matt left we brought our stuff inside what I had already felt was our home, and our three day R&R time began. The property left us without want it had a washing machine, a pretty much full kitchen, a Grill outside on the lawn, big comfy bed upstairs, a little table out near the lawn, fully furnished living room, cable t.v. as well as a beautiful looking fireplace all of which we used. The neighborhood was very quiet with a store, and torterilla within walking distance. The Lago was also about three minutes away walking distance. The locals are very friendly, and the area as a whole has an aura of peace, and tranquility. All in all Great location, Great house, Great time. I still find myself remembering the time I was a Panajachelean.
Thank You Matt for this awesome experience.

P.S. Matt, Sorry I could not photograph the whole house maybe next time. I hope you like the shots I did take, also Don't forget to ask Matt about the store on Calle Santander run by his wife you'll be sure to find something special there.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Location.
Liked least: That I did not stay longer.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Reviewed 15 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
15 Apr 2014
Thank you so much, it was was good having you stay, thanks for being great guests. Abrazo,Matt
kiki02180...
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

This house and picture do no justice on how amazing Matts property is. Clean is understated! The bedroom upstairs stays cool all the time and the bed is so comfy!! If I had a month to stay at this property I would stay days in the quiet, cool, comfy room and if not there the hammock on the covered patio watching the humming birds!!! It was super safe, when traveling with 3 kids safety is key!! Easy to get to and from and all around wonderful! I can't wait to go back and would absolutely stay here again! THANK YOU MATT!!!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing