Lowest prices for your stay
US$121
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
Orbitz.com
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
Hotels.comUS$120
Expedia.comUS$120
PricelineUS$134
All reviews small pool per night airport embassies city
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2019

Good news: Nice common space/small pool/nice plants, birds ...ability to do business or rest outside your room. If you need to visit embassies (US/Swiss) ...they are near by. Free individual transport to airport. Not good news: breakfast a pretense (1 choice of eggs rotate daily; black beans/plantains served with white W. bread/not tortillas: ASK); My 2nd floor had 0 pluggable outlets/except bathroom &room faces street/is noisy (not good value for 85USD single per night).Room internet more hit&miss than ...Not a city to come to unless business/family emergencies require...prices like $US/quality very different. Sad to see

Room tip: Dont get front room facing or 2nd floor first room to right
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank seedsedit
Reviewed 3 June 2019

I've never experienced something like that with any other hotel in my entire life.

I booked this hotel with booking.com.

Hotel San Carlos took my money twice for a night (85€/ nigh.. which is not that cheap for an hotel in Guatemala ). When I realized it, I Sent them an email, they apologized and told me they would refund me, they gave me a "proof" of the refund... As I was still not refunded for the mistake they made couple of weeks after, I gave the proof to my bank, to ensure money was sent and "on its way".
My Bank told me that the proof was totally false and with no value
3,5 months later, No refund !! Sent them emails and no answer any more.
They told Booking they refunded me... Now I'm screwed, still trying to find solutions and still calling booking.com as I could get my money back.

Can't believe it, they've got good rates, but they definitely don't give a sh*t about customer experience... and they stole my money !!!

Room tip: don't go there
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2019

I had an early morning flight our of Guatemala City and found the Hotel San Carlos and am I glad I did! Easy and quick Uber ride from the airport and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions! Hotel is very quiet - rooms are wonderful!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2019

I stayed here with a group starting a trip through Guatemala. San Carlos was a wonderful start to my first visit to this country.

The hotel is very comfortable, and very elegant. The rooms are moderate in size by US standards, but very comfortable and very well appointed. Lots of closet space, very nice bathroom, and I didn't lose my sweetheart in a ridiculous king-size bed. The room was very quiet, as was the entire hotel.

The breakfast (included in our package) was very good, and had lots of options. Infinite coffee was available. We didn't eat at Hotel San Carlos other than breakfast, but the dinner menu looked quite good.

The hotel is about 3 minutes walk from the US embassy, so if you have business there you're in a good spot. There are several restaurants nearby, including La Estancia - excellent!

There is an inner courtyard in the hotel with umbrella'd tables around it, and a very nice bar area to lounge in. Wi-fi is good here.

The staff was great. Very helpful, and forgiving towards my very limited Spanish. The staff is generally conversant with basic English, I was embarrassed that I didn't know more Spanish. The desk staff were fluent in English, and very very gracious and helpful.

I wish I could have stayed here for a few nights and gotten to see more of G City. Hotel San Carlos is a gem of a spot - the staff, with the added bonus of architecture and atmosphere, made for a delightful one-night stay.

Room tip: Ask for the room beside the pool if you like fountain-water white noise. All the rooms were reported as wonderful from our group of 12.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

Lovely little hotel with a gate and security guard. Beautiful inside with an internal courtyard, lovely flowers and fountain, and a nice restaurant with many food options and friendly staff. Comfortable rooms though beds are on small side. Very clean. Front desk will arrange to send shuttle pick up to airport with advance notice.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple