All reviews stayed here zona airport guatemala receptionist
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Not out first choice, but it is next to the airport. We arrived and were met with a heavily armed security guard, welcome to Guatemala... At the welcome desk there was no one around, so we had to ask the security guard to call a receptionist. An employee eventually appeared, very disheveled....

On to the rooms. Not bad but not great.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a few days great location friendly staff. Food was very good. Would definitely stay again. Decent area of town from what we were told. Not far away from business district. Couple nice markets close by as well.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2017

GUATEMALA CITY HOWARD JOHNSON HOTEL – Feb. 2017 4-stars
We stayed at this hotel for one night because it was near Hedman Alas’ bus terminal, which we had to be at early in the morning. Knowing we could easily arrange taxi service from the hotel to the bus station was a plus for us. This is a typical American hotel. The room was spacious, the bathroom nice, and the beds comfortable. There is an elevator for taking luggage to the upper floors and seemed to be 24-hour front desk service. My only complaint relates to an email we sent asking that no cleaning products be used the day of our arrival due to my wife’s chemical sensitivity. We did not get a response and the request was not attended to. Fortunately, the room “fragrance” was manageable for my wife.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2016

I picked The Howard Johnson Inn Guatemala City for the fact of its being within walking distance of the Museo Popol Vuh and Museo Ixchel de Traje Indigena. (They're about a 20 minute walk.) It wasn't a bad place to be for exploring the Zona 1 as the TransMetro takes you there in about 20 minutes. Really I have no serious complaints; it's a pleasant enough business hotel. My only reason for not ranking higher: The fitness area is pretty small and the restaurant staff seemed sometimes overwhelmed by the number of customers, resulting in slow service on occasion. By & large, I was happy with my choice to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2016

Stayed here one night in March 2016. The room was adequate and quite honestly I was exhausted from traveling so I went to sleep quickly. I would not recommend going out at night or after dark. The hotel had an armed guard outside the door. I don't know about location as we were in and out within 10 hours. Adequate to lay my head for a night.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends