Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21/07/04
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 21/07/03
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/07/03
PricelineUS$99
TravelocityUS$99
Lol.travelUS$105
All reviews front desk shuttle driver an excellent hotel excellent stay close to the airport short stay breakfast buffet city guatemala states personnel country zona
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2019

This Hilton Garden Inn is in a good location and surrounded by some very large hotels. The HGI is small by those stands but is quite nice. The check in was quick and efficient, they recognized my Diamond status with a upgrade to an executive room. The room was clean and the amenities good. Asked for recommendations for restaurants in the neighborhood and was given a few suggestions a good map. We had to leave early the following morning, too early for breakfast, but I was happy to find the hotel had coffee and pastries waiting in the lobby. Perfect to have that while waiting for the hotels shuttle, which was a free service to the airport.
I would stay again.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank konorth
Hilton Garden I... G, Director Comercial at Hilton Garden Inn Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2019

Dear konorth:
Thank you for sharing here in TripAdvisor your recent experience with us. We are very happy to know that you were satisfied with the hotel facilities and our staff service. As a Diamond Honor member your satisfaction is very important for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future and make your stay better and brighter!

Thank you again for the great feedback and have a GREAT Day!

Reviewed 6 May 2019

First, being in the city driving at night is scary in itself for U.S. tourists. I called ahead of time to check availability, make reservation, provided CC info over phone. I was quoted a total of $180 the night which I agreed to. Upon arriving, the area where this hotel is located had graffiti which made us question the safety of the location.

We were extremely relieved to see a hotel security guard approach our vehicle as we slowly drove in front of this hotel wondering if it was safe, he guided us to underground parking. Upon arriving to the reception area to check in, the $180 was actually not honored, even though I gave them my CC and thought they charged that amount over the phone. The total was now about $240, when I asked why they said it was due to "tourist taxes". It was late, and I was not in the mood for arguing and at this point we just needed a comfortable bed. We arrived to our room, and you'll see by the pictures the "view" we had - a rusted water heater staring into the room window. This made me even more upset about the "tourist taxes" we were charged. Had I known when I called that we'd be charged more than quoted we certainly would have gone elsewhere for that price.

If you're a tourist, don't waste your money here, not worth based on the graffiti we saw and then the tax imposed on tourists. The staff was very friendly and the hotel's inside was clean.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Hilton Garden I... G, Director Comercial at Hilton Garden Inn Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2019

Dear Rinaxelworld:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with our staff service, but we really sorry not fully met your expectations.

Rates are subject to availability and usually You find better deals and low rates when you book more days in advance. Regarding your comments about the taxes we are reinforcing with our team to emphasis this information when they confirm bookings; taxes in Guatemala are 12% VAT and 10% tourism tax.

Our hotel is located just few steps away from Reforma Avenue, the main avenue of the City that offer a very safe environment, Around the corner there is a new project of commerce and offices and they haven´t demolished the external wall that certainly has graffiti, probably they will take care of it soon as they are close to finish and inaugurate the project. I am sorry to know this wall gave you a unsafe feeling.

Thank you again for your comments, we appreciate your feedback, it help us to improve our guests experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2019

Clean, comfortable room! Fantastic for business trips!

The staff was always friendly and helpful, they made my stay wonderful. Good food and great Breakfast Buffet.

Also they have Shuttle Service to the airport, which they are near as well!

I'll definitely use this hotel once again on my next visit.

Room tip: Good Breakfast Buffet!
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AlainT1218

Dear AlainT1218:

Greetings from HGI Guatemala!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We really appreciate your nice comments, We are very glad to know that you had a good time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2019

Travelled from London to Guatemala via Atlanta - had a long and delayed flight. Arrived late at night as a lone female and not only was I unable to connect to WIFI but I couldn’t call the hotel or see my pre-arranged airport transfer. I had messaged them a couple of times to let them know my flight kept getting delayed later and later. It was pretty traumatic feeling stranded at the airport. I finally noticed a Hilton shuttle but for a different hotel so asked the driver if he could contact Hilton Garden Inn for me. It turns out the correct driver was waiting for me but wasn’t holding a sign with my name, nor did he wear any uniform/have a logo or anything on his car. I had to just trust he was legit and get in. Thankfully all was ok but Hilton should know better in future and ensure all staff wear uniform or some kind of logo and ensure if they’re collecting multiple people make sure all the name as on the same board.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden I... G, Director Comercial at Hilton Garden Inn Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2019

Dear Sightsee59239256072:

We really sorry the inconvenience you experienced with the airport transfer and we sincerly apologize. We are constantly working to improve our hotel and your comments will help us improve in this area.

We hope that despite this inconvenience you had a nice experience with us. We would love to have one more opportunity in the future to have you staying with us so you can, hopefully, change this first impression for another one much more special to you.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 4 April 2019 via mobile

wow. where do I begin? Well from day one the staff was friendly and super helpful. i was able to book all my adventures from right at the front desk. The service here is top notch and everyone is treated like VIPs. i will make this my home next time i come back. If you're coming to Guatemala City do yourself a favor and stay here. I promise you will not be disappointed. I give my stay 6 stars of that was possible.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank laturelt
Hilton Garden I... G, Director Comercial at Hilton Garden Inn Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2019

Dear Laturelt:
What a pleasure to read your nice review about your time at Hilton Garden Inn Guatemala City, We are thrilled you had an excellent experience with us.
We appreciate you being our guest, and we would cannot wait to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Have a GREAT day!