“Very very good!”

Everest Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #99 of 654 Restaurants in Guatemala City
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Wow the food here was so amazing! Everything was so tasty and well prepared! The chief and the staff were so helpful they treated us like family :)

Reviewed 21 May 2018

The food tend to be fatty... and the flavor is not the same all times.
I went at least 5 times... but still having doubts about the place.
It's good... but I don't understand why their flavor change every visit.

1  Thank Alejandro G
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Ever since I moved to Guatemala I have been craving some good Indian food. This is the first place I have visited to try and satisfy that craving and I left extremely disappointed. Where to start? I thought it was odd that after ordering the waiter did not ask how spicy we wanted our food and turned around before we could even get his attention to state that we wanted out food spicy. He seemed to be in a hurry. Any way, I have never had Indian food with no flavor, it was so bland! Usually the taste of Indian sticks in your mouth for the rest of the night but not this time! The dish I got was very underwhelming and not hot at all. Plus the consistency was off, it was very watery as if the chefs watered down the dish to get more servings, it just tasted kind of cheap and not fresh. I always love to use my nan to pick up the sauce and ingredients but in this case, it was so runny that nothing stayed on the nan and if I picked up the chicken with a fork or spoon, everything dripped off the chicken.

Also, it is very rare to find an Indian restaurant that does not serve rice with the main dish but this place is a rare exception and charges an exorbitant 30 to 40Q for a small dish depending on type of rice. I mean, rice is a basic food staple, it should not cost much at all! Which brings me to my next point, everything here is quite expensive considering what you get, which is not much. Portion sizes are very small. I spent 160Q on a main dish, nan bread and drink, as did my wife and we left still hungry. 320 combined and still hungry, does not happen often at all. You should never spend that much and leave still starving! We had to find another place in the mall to eat more (and at least the second place provided some spice!) I think, but I am not sure, that the owner and wife or family member was eating there, at least it seemed as such according to how we saw the waiter address the two next to us. I almost wanted to tell him how poor the food was but thought better of it, but something needs to be done. You should not pay so much and get so little in regards to taste and portion size. I will never return and will recommend that friends and strangers alike do the same. Just not worth it. If this is the first place someone goes to see how Indian food is, it is a very bad example.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is a good option if you want to try Indian Food, The taste is very good, not as spicy as the original Indian food but for locals is perfect since in Guatemala the food is not so spicy. We ordered Chicken Masala, Fish Masala and Paneer, they ask you for the spicy level (1-Low, 2-Median,3 Spicy), I have tried the 3rd and again, it is not so spicy, however is very good. The waiter was a little bit distracted but the chef (who is from Nepal) was very attentive.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

After nearly two months in Central America, I was craving Indian food like no other. So when I found myself in Guatemala City the day before my flight out, I did a search for Indian restaurants and came up with Everest. Located in an upscale mall in a safe(r) part of town, this little Indian place satisfied my craving. The naan was amazing (nearly perfect) and the Saag Paneer was so well spiced and authentic. Reasonably priced considering the location and novelty of Indian food in Guatemala. Friendly service too. Highly recommended!