Cotton Tree Lodge
Copal Tree Lodge, a Muy'Ono Resort(Punta Gorda)
US$201
Hotel Salvador Gaviota(Livingston)(Great Value!)
US$14
Hotel Casa Rosada(Livingston)
US$22
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Finca Tatin(Livingston)(Great Value!)
US$10
US$88
Hotel Marbrissa(Puerto Barrios)
US$132
Hotels.com
All reviewsrope swingmoho riverblue creek caveall inclusive packagecacao farmmayan ruinshowler monkeysorganic gardenmosquito nettingjungle experiencejungle housejungle survivalserved family stylethere is no air conditioningplace is beautifulprior to our arrivalzip lining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The food was delicious, the staff were fantastic, the tours were perfect. I got to go on one-on-one tours, and had a truly rewarding experience. I can't stop raving about this beautiful lodge and the fantastic people I met. The lodge also offers daily yoga and massage, and it's fantastic. I can't wait to come back, and I'll be bringing my friends and family this time around.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Just got home last night. The Cotton Tree Lodge is a nice property. It's built next to the river and is beautiful. There is no air conditioning on the property, so a breeze is very important. We had fans, so we didn't melt. The food was good, the beds were adequate. I don't think I would go there again, because I don't typically repeat vacations. There is a lot to do in the area and the Mayan people are very nice. Everyone speaks English.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2017

This was a nice oasis by the Mojo River and in the jungle. The lodge itself was a nice place for our group of 12 to gather at night. The local guides taught us a lot about Mayan culture and we went on an excellent jungle survival hike. The howler monkeys woke me at 4 am each morning. Very cool sounds to hear at night. I missed the sound after we left.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Five wonderful days were spent virtually off the grid. We were treated like family by the staff. The food was great. The accommodations were interestingly wonderful. Interesting excursions available. Valerie and the group were very personable. What was booked as a questionable trip to an Eco Village in the Rain Forest turned out to be a vacation of a life time.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cecil O
Reviewed 13 March 2017

This a fabulous jungle lodge on the Moho River. Beautiful trees and plantings and a beautiful river that you can swim in. We are birders and went primarily for that . Birding is fabulous on the property, and of course you can hire guides and go elsewhere. Their primary birding guide, Agapieto Pop is EXTRAORDINARILY good, in addition to being a guy that it's fun to spend the day with. The lodging is funky and well done--everything hand made and the place is quite beautiful. All the people at the place are friendly, competent and fun. We stayed a week and had a great time.

Why do I say "Maybe not for everybody"? The place isn't slick. No golf course, swimming pool etc. And you are pretty cut off electronically, even if you buy into there wifi--it's a minimal connection. We didn't miss the electronics

Room Tip: There are 3 or 4 cottages with balconies that look out on the river. We think that is a big plus and would recommend it.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple