US$119
St. Charles Inn(Punta Gorda)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$49
A Piece of Ground(Punta Gorda)(Great Value!)
US$43
Sea Front Inn(Punta Gorda)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$236
Hotels.com
Coral House(Punta Gorda)
US$297
Seahills Apartments & Accommodations(Punta Gorda)(Great Value!)
Sabal Beach(Punta Gorda)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrope swingmoho riverblue creek cavecacao farmmayan ruinshowler monkeysorganic gardenmosquito nettingcocoa beansjungle experiencejungle housejungle survivalserved family stylelearned howthere is no air conditioningmassage therapyfood restrictions
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed with my couple for one week at the Cotton Tree Lodge and the place is great. As it is a sustainable business they are keen on accepting woofers(volunteers) to work helping out with the farming and the gardens. The staff and management were very helpful at every moment and they made me feel like a family. We learned a lot while working in the gardens and it has been a lovely experience to do. The lodges are beautiful and well equipped too. Management organises routes in the joungle guided by local experts and they offer adventure trips and excursions. There are also kayaks and bicycles for the guests available so you can go for a ride to the local villages or have a paddle in the beautiful Moho river. moreover is nice to have a walk in the organic garden that supplies the kitchen and restaurant and learn about local plants.On the top of that there is a service of massage therapy and spa and the Lodge offer yoga lessons in the morning. Food has been outstanding and I have enjoyed a lot the stay. I wish all the team of the Cotton Tree Lodge great success in the future and thank you for making of this experience an unforgettable one.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Cotton Tree Lodge is a quite pricey location that promises 'jungle luxury', but definitely doesn't deliver. We got the all inclusive package, only to find out it didn't include much at all. To reach the Lodge requires a 45 minute drive over the worst roads known to man. And all excursions have this travel or longer. The free wifi is checking of email only! Limited bandwidth prevents any work or contact back home. The food was mediocre at best--with no local options or seafood. After dinner there is NOTHING to do--and you feel like the staff is waiting for you to go to bed. We left after doing an excursion to "working" chocolate farm. It turned out to be a 2 hour hike while receiving the farmer's born again testimony and being told a lot of inaccuracies about cacao trees. The staff was sweet and helpful but we all agree with Caitrin C (see earlier review) that Valerie was unpleasant and passive aggressive. I had a very good massage with Parama. I needed it after those roads!!!! We bought a 5 day package and left after 2 days. Before you go---be VERY aware of the experience that awaits you.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
chriscrowell, Owner at Cotton Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

As 98% of the testimonials say, Cotton Tree Lodge is a great experience! In response to this review... Cotton Tree Lodge is a unique experience that provides a Eco Adventure. The remoteness of the lodge (yes its a trek over a bumpy road to get here ) is part of the charm in experiencing the rain forest. Our All inclusive rate includes (accommodations, 3 meals daily, local transportation, off site tours daily and all on the grounds activities such as garden tours, hiking trails, and kayaking), For most of our guests what we offer usually exceeds their expectations.The wyfi is available for checking email. Evenings are quiet and allow guests the chance to experience the nocturnal beauty of nature in the jungle. Our restaurant strives to provide the best quality "Farm to Table" meals daily. Fresh local options are the usual fare.
Eladio Pops Cacoa farm tour is one of the favorites excursions of our guests and provides a real life cultural experience and insight into a local farmers life.
Our Manager Ms Valerie is professional and works hard to provide the best possible experience for our guests...most say they are delighted with her and feel very cared for.
We offer a variety of wellness yoga/massage options at our on site spa. Luxury is not our hallmark, but certainly comfort is provided for all our guests in all that we do.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

If your an adventurous person then this is the place for you! My wife and I had are wedding here and it was PERFECT! Mainly because we didn't want the usual church or beach wedding, and wanted something more of our character. This blew all of my expectations! First off you this wedding was about the quarter of the price of what it would have cost in the states. The staff was exellent and by the end of the trip I considered them all friends. Marcel, the chef, makes a lot of very good meals from there organic garden and local meats that reflect the local culture. The yoga instructor/ masseuse, Parama, does such a great job every morning in her yoga class and completely sets the mood for the setting. I'm am also convinced she may be a little psychic, even though she doesn't claim to be, and I wasn't the only one. There was several times in yoga she would say things that corresponded with what I was thinking exactly when I thought it along with giving me a slight lower back massage right when I was thinking it was getting tight, among other things. Valerie does such a good job managing and making sure your taken care of all of the time, Algapito and Domingo do a fantastic job on all the tours (and they're real adventures!), Alfredo and Sandy will make sure you always have your drinks and food, Maria does all the great baking. I was here for 4 days and know all these people by name only because they're all so fantastic. Not only do I think this highly of this place, but since it is in the middle of no where there isn't many jobs and they will appreciate your business more then any place you've ever been. If you have any concerns about this place take the risk, you won't forget it!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Stayed at cotton tree for 3 nights. The place is beautiful and the staff is awesome. Food and chef were great. Tour guides were wonderful. Valerie was so sweet. I was very comfortable there, loved my cabana. Loved the whole experience. Belize people are beautiful people. I was sad to leave.

Room Tip: It's not a hotel and not meant to be luxurious. It's awesome though. My cabana had fans and I slept great. Insects were not an issue either
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Chris and his entire staff were wonderful!! The cabanas, sustainable garden thus deliciously prepared meals, very professional yoga and massage:)), beautiful surroundings all the while learning so much about the Mayan culture...beautiful people inside and out!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple