“Great trip to Laughing Bird Caye”
Review of Seahorse Dive Shop

Seahorse Dive Shop
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Snorkeling at Laughing Bird was fun, it was my first time and our guide Oscar was super nice and you could tell he loved his job. They were all kind and the lunch was amazing!

All reviews
"two tank"
"rice"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My best friend and I spent 5 days diving with Seahorse Dive Shop. May 31 - June 4, 2018. Each day a different dive location. The dive boats vary in size based on the number diving and dive location. Some boats were small with a little canopy of minimal shading that required a roll off and into the water. Other times we were diving from a larger boat that allowed for the traditional stride into the water. One of the boats we took looked like it needed some TLC. Our primary divemaster was Max. He is a fantastic divemaster; very knowledgeable and provides a thorough and detailed briefing about each dive site. Max paid attention to the details and has a great sense of humor. The dive shop staff are friendly and helpful. The lunches on our dives were not "snacks" but more like sit-down meals. Delicious food! On early morning dives, they also served breakfast sandwiches. The dive shop provided round trip transportation to and from our resort each day. In addition to the unique dive sites, friendly staff, the greatest highlight was seeing multiple whale sharks on 3 of 4 dives! Truly an unforgettable experience!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had booked 8 tours to go snorkelling with Seahorse Dive Shop because of the rave reviews they had gotten and the reasonable prices they charge.. Unfortunately, due to the weather we were only able to go out on 3 of them. I dealt with 3 three different outfits in Placencia and Seahorse Dive Shop was head and shoulders above the other two. On our first trip we went out to Glover's Reef and there was only my wife and I snorkelling with our guide, Amir, who was the most informative guide we have ever had on a snorkelling trip and we have been on dozens from Australia, the Galapagos Islands, Hawaii and around Caye Caulker and Ambergris in Belize. Amir had a great eye for spotting things and pointing them out to us and explaining what it was we were seeing.The food on all three of our excursions with Seahorse Dive Shop was very good and there was plenty of it. On our Glover's Reef trip they even served us a breakfast of Belizean style Johnny Cakes with cottage cheese and onion stuffing. Lunch was also very good with rice, beans, beef stew, salad and cookies. We also went to Silk Cayes with Seahorse, this time in a group of six snorkelers which was still nice and small. Lunch on this day was really tasty and well prepared BBQ chicken with the obligatory rice and beans plus a very good potato salad and super cake, cookies, watermelon and oranges for dessert. Seahorse keeps you very well fed. Seahorse also took us out to Laughing Bird Caye. Erland was our guide on this outing and he too was very informative and good at spotting various hidden or camouflaged creatures and making sure we saw them as well. Lunch again was great with the beans done as a stew this time and served with the best snapper we have ever had. We also had salad and cookies and watermelon. Again, we were with a small group of six and in the afternoon a group of 4. In all our dealings with Seahorse Dive Shop from advanced bookings to rescheduling due to weather and letting us know a trip had been cancelled to refunding our money for the cancelled trips they were very professional and accommodating as opposed to the other dive shops that we dealt with in Placencia. Everyone at Seahorse was also very friendly. I would highly recommend Seahorse Dive Shop and look forward to going out with them again.

1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had never been diving before, but wanted to check out the reefs in Belize. The intro was very quick and efficient, and the dive team maximized our time underwater. Got to see eagle rays, nurse sharks, lion fish, a loggerhead turtle and plenty of coral. Incredible trip and definitely felt safe and comfortable the whole time. I would highly recommend Seahorse Dive Shop.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was my second time diving with Seahorse in 2 years. The goal was an elusive one, to dive with Whale sharks in Gladden spit and I was only going to give it one try this trip, I had been on unsucessful Whale sharks trips 3 days with other outfits in previous years. As usual the equipment, boat ,Captain, Divemasters etc were very professional with detailed briefings prior to departure and again prior to each dive. First dive the snappers were deep and hard to find, we did find a large school of jacks. Second dive we found the snappers shallow and then the 30 foot female that cruised 10 feet from us and then turned back under us for a lower pass over the snapper. Big ups to Ardie and Brian! I'll be back for the lionfish contest. If you have this on your bucket list I would suggest targeting a late May or even June full moon not in April as was previously thought and go the 3rd-5th days after the full moon. Fyi this was the 5th day in a row for Seahorse with whale shark sightings a record in recent years from what I was told.