“Belize City Outside the port ”

Tropicolada Cocktail Hut
Ranked #29 of 94 Restaurants in Belize City
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant is located just outside the gate support, people here are really really kind and the food is phenomenal. This is our third they said in the last 10 years. I would highly recommend it to anybody not going on a tour or having extra time to come and taste the food in sample one of their handmade frozen drinks.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My aunt and my uncle were visiting from Florida and wanted to go do karaoke so i took them here. The place wasn't crowded and we liked that very much about it. Loved the set up of the place and the staff was very friendly. I ordered chicken nachos and my uncle ordered wings whichbwe all shared. I enjoyed the wings but there was nothing significant about it that set it aside from other places. I surely didn't enjoy my nachos because for some reason the chicken pieces tasted like fish. Nevertheless we all ordered pina coladas that were smooth and tasty. We just had to order another round of those.

Also, the guy who was in charge of the karaoke was very talented. He sung a few songs to keep the karaoke going when there was nobody to sing. My only issue with him is that he jumbled all your song choices together which takes a toll on your voice especially for those who aren't experienced or seasoned singers.

All in all, the place was okay but for someone who has always heard about tropicolada i was a bit disappointed. There's a lot of room for improvement and they surely have a lot of potential to do so.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

First place we ate on our trip to Belize. As mentioned in other reviews, the windows are very tinted so we were not sure it was open.

The security guard stationed at the door did greet us and invite us in when we stopped. Throughout our stay in Belize City it appears to be the norm to have a security guard at the front of every shop. If it creates jobs and promotes safety, no complaints here. Everyone was very friendly also.

Belikin, the official and only beer legally allowed to be brewed in Belize is very good and available just about everywhere. We ordered fish with coleslaw and chicken stew with rice and beans. All very tender and tasty. Service was attentive and friendly. Our tour guide later that week recommended Tropicolada and mentioned they have a karaoke night.

While walking through Tourism Village stop in for a nice meal and drinks.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

A simple local food restaurant and bar only a block away from the fray of the cruise port. They even had free wifi. Handy for us that were in for the day from a cruise ship. The food was tasty, I inhaled my jerk chicken! It had a little heat but didn't blow my head off. It was quiet and cool inside, nothing fancy, and reasonably priced.
Don't be afraid to try the local cuisine.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

After two other failed restaurant attempts, we stumbled upon Tropicolada and were so grateful they were open. Had a great drink menu, good bar food and the service was quick! Only place in the city open pass 6 on a Friday and they saved our evening and bellies!