“Great Food, Great Conversation!!!”
Review of Nerie's II

Nerie's II
Ranked #9 of 99 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 8 January 2018

By consensus, every Belizean I met on the first day told me I needed to eat at Nerie's for breakfast. I ended up eating here several times because the food was outstanding and the Chef/owner Carlos was a great host. I loved his conversation and his attention to me as a tourist. I can't wait to go back in the summer of 2018.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Very small place but full of local atmosphere with friendly efficient service. All local dishes served with absolutely delicious rice and beans or "stew beans" my favorite. You may have to park a ways away as its location down town is on pretty busy intersection. A favorite with all the locals...made just like moms

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I ate at both the Nerie restaurants, one in town and one around the corner from my hotel. (Bakadeer Inn....excellent hotel.)
In town I had an excellent conch soup, with very good service.
On DJ St I had a very good lamb curry. One of the employees there gave me an interesting run-down on the history of the two places.
Excellent food and service, and good value.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Belize City is just a stop for us on the way to Caye Caulker, but we always schedule the ferry to the Caye with enough time to allow a meal at Neri's. The meal is never more than $10 US each including entree, a delicious fruit drink, and usually a pudding for dessert . On a hot day the watermelon drink and the tamarind drink are wonderful. Each day has a different local special and on our most recent visit it was cow foot soup and boil-up. Good local food! The area is in the area near the water taxi dock and may not be up to date and modern, but it is clean, safe, and the people are welcoming.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went there to have dinner, turns out it was the worst decision going there. The place was dirty and dark, there were no fans or AC.. so it was hot, humid, and smelly. The waiter brought us the food and I just couldn't even take a proper bite, it was really really bad. AND to top it off a cockroach appeared inside the restaurant, the waiter and another guy were making a huge deal to kill the animal, and when they finally did kill it they just left it there in the middle of the restaurant. Another thing, all of the food is frozen, and when they are going to serve it they just microwave it and bring it to the costumers.