“Decent hang out”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My friends and i visit hour bar on numerous occasions but we have never had a "This was excellent" sentiment abiut our visits. Theyre not the worst but they can be a whole lot better. Sometimes half their menu is not available and that can be really upsetting. Their drinks are pretty okay but sometimes theyre taste watered down. The venue is pretty good tho because despite the monotone dining experience, the cool sea breeze is lovely. Its really just a last resort when everywhere else is booked out.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Great snapper filet, grilled shrimp, etc. Big portions, friendly staff, fast service and a great veiw of the ocean which the restaurant borders

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

This seaside location has a very good atmosphere and makes you feel like an island. Hour Bar Belize.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We frequently visited Hour Bar but had not been in several months. Apparently, it has changed hands and is not what it used to be. The atmosphere is great - right on the water with the cool breezes - but the food has deteriorated. I had Fish & Chips one day and it was OK - before they had the best F&C in the City. The second day I had shrimp which appeared to be frozen and was definitely overcooked. Neither day was I given tartar sauce or cocktail sauce with my dish. The first day I ordered lime juice expecting the typical Belizean version that is very similar to lemonade. I was given a large glass of pure lime juice - no dilution, no sugar. Asked for sugar and was given a shot glass of simple syrup. Didn't help. Too bitter/tart to drink.

On the positive side my husband's burger was very good and my friend's grilled chicken was great. They even accommodated her request for a different side and she had very nice steamed veggies.

Overall will no longer recommend or visit this restaurant - which is sad as it was our "go-to" place in Belize City.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere. .you feel like you are out of the city relaxing at the Cayes.. reasonable prices and wide variety of drinks.