“Not Thrilled”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We frequently visited Hour Bar but had not been in several months. Apparently, it has changed hands and is not what it used to be. The atmosphere is great - right on the water with the cool breezes - but the food has deteriorated. I had Fish & Chips one day and it was OK - before they had the best F&C in the City. The second day I had shrimp which appeared to be frozen and was definitely overcooked. Neither day was I given tartar sauce or cocktail sauce with my dish. The first day I ordered lime juice expecting the typical Belizean version that is very similar to lemonade. I was given a large glass of pure lime juice - no dilution, no sugar. Asked for sugar and was given a shot glass of simple syrup. Didn't help. Too bitter/tart to drink.

On the positive side my husband's burger was very good and my friend's grilled chicken was great. They even accommodated her request for a different side and she had very nice steamed veggies.

Overall will no longer recommend or visit this restaurant - which is sad as it was our "go-to" place in Belize City.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere. .you feel like you are out of the city relaxing at the Cayes.. reasonable prices and wide variety of drinks.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

The atmosphere can't be beat...shared a plate from the pig roast. Great food, way too much for two hungry travelers. Cold beer, relaxed setting, good service. It was the perfect start to a quick vacation.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Every time we're in Belize city we make it a point of stopping for drinks. The drinks are always on point and always a friendly staff Belizean style.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Been at Hour Bar a couple of times, we like the atmosphere there. Also the view of the sea is really enjoyable.
Food was somewhat average. The Shrimp Cocktail was tasteless, even if it had a sauce aside - a little too spicy for me. The fish - catch of the day was also blend, no flavors. The cream soup was good, the desert not to die for.
Service was nice though and the cocktails very good.