“Nice tasty Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We visited Belize City today. While driving from airport to our hotel we asked about good vegetarian food and the driver Collet suggested this restaurant. Fortunately it was well within walking distance from our hotel.
We ordered Saag Paneer and Daal Makhani. Both of these comes with Naan and rice (it was too much food for two of us, as quantity is large)

Items were very tasty. Only to decor was not very good. Prices are okay for the quantity. I would recommend to order one main dish for two people and order extra Naan or rice if needed

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Chicken curry dish was good, rice was cooked well - but Sag Paneer was not very good and garlic naan was made a bit unusually, but not bad. Some of the dishes are a bit overpriced but not the whole menu so not a huge deal.

They haven't really got the hang of how to serve though exactly - we asked for a extra 5 minutes to figure out our order, but the waitress came back a couple minutes later and just watched us from over the table as we discussed our order... bit strange really, and when we got the bill it was the same strange affair of the waitress waiting next for me to sort out the cash while she stood waiting... but she was still polite enough and attentive (only 1 other table though so would've been very concerned if they weren't).

Overall, not a bad experience but didn't knock my socks off.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I visited Sumathi recently with a colleague having been keen to seek out Indian food in Belize City.

Personally I was not disappointed and, having lived in Delhi, it lived up to my expectations for being authentic.
My colleague (not an aficionado of Indian food) found the Chicken Tikka Masala pleasant and not too spicy. I opted for Dhal Makhani and Chicken Tikka and was not disappointed. Portions were large (too big in fact for us to finish).

The downside is the price. I've no objection to paying a fair price for top quality food but I felt this almost amounted to price gouging in a very limited market. The service was unobtrusive (matter of fact some might say) but it was there when I needed it so I can't in fairness criticise it.

The food is very definitely the star in this restaurant but it will be a while before I go back - I need to save up.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Everytime I make a visit here in Belize, I always make sure I come to get my Indian food! Known the chef for years and he has kept his food consistent!

1  Thank hema478
Reviewed 14 March 2017

The restaurant is managed by family and they don't know anything about service. We were excited to go an Indian restaurant in Belize on the valentine day. Very disorganized. Three people were trying to service about 50 people in the restraint. The greedy and crazy owner was delivering food while so many people were waiting.

Food was not bad, but with that type of service, I don't think it can sustain. too bad that the family can't think that customers expect prompt courteous service, shame, shame!!!!