“Great Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Everytime I make a visit here in Belize, I always make sure I come to get my Indian food! Known the chef for years and he has kept his food consistent!

1  Thank hema478

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The restaurant is managed by family and they don't know anything about service. We were excited to go an Indian restaurant in Belize on the valentine day. Very disorganized. Three people were trying to service about 50 people in the restraint. The greedy and crazy owner was delivering food while so many people were waiting.

Food was not bad, but with that type of service, I don't think it can sustain. too bad that the family can't think that customers expect prompt courteous service, shame, shame!!!!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I had a craving for Indian food, which I get often after having been there. I read reviews about Sumathi and the latest had not been good. I was in a taxi going to a Chinese restaurant nearby and when I asked the taxi driver about Sumathi, he said it was good. So I went there and am so glad I did. The paneer was delicious and fresh, There was so much food I had take-away which was another whole meal! They served condiments I had never tasted before. The service was fine and they were most helpful calling my taxi man again. Thank you Sumathi for being there!

2  Thank webklan
Reviewed 12 March 2017

We eat a lot of Indian food (my wife is from Bangladesh) and we were happy to find an Indian restaurant in Belize City.

The interior was comfortable and spacious. Unlike most Indian restaurants in the U.S., the menu has some south Indian dishes as well as the usual Punjabi/Marathi fare. The food arrived fairly quickly. Naan bread is included with the entrees, as well as rice.

The food was ok, meaning that it was average. Nothing wrong, nothing special. Prices were fair. The service was a little spotty, as we had to repeat ourselves two or three times, because the waitress seemed like she did not comprehend us. My wife and I speak standard American English. But that was a minor glitch. Everything else was fine.

1  Thank Cortes0505
Reviewed 6 March 2017

The food is good and certainly authentic (I lived in India for 2 years), the décor is cheesy indian restaurant style. Hey Belize isn't big on style anywhere is it?
The customer service - dire. Greeted by long faces and a staff more interested in the Indian soap opera playing (more cheese). Don't expect a warm Namaste here!
Head to Belmopan for that at Raj's Everest restaurant where authentic Indian food can also be found only with a friendly smile and genuine warm hospitality.