“Good food and a good atmosphere.”
Review of Riverside Tavern

Riverside Tavern
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2017

There is a lot to like about the Riverside Tavern. It is a great place to go for a relaxed meal and drink; the food is excellent for both quality and choice, and prices are very reasonable.

There is a seating area outside beside the river where I ate a lovely seafood meal with friends. Inside it is more like a traditional sports bar with screens to keep you updated on a variety of sports, mostly from the US, though these screens are not obtrusive and loud (at least when I was there).

The staff are friendly and very good too. There is plentiful car parking. I will definitely head there again when next in Belize City.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

I had the fish and chips and my bf had the shrimp and grouper duo. Both were excellent! The menu was varied and had many choices. Prices were very reasonable and service was really good. Nothing bad to say here!!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I went there the first time as it was around the corner from my hotel.(Bakadeer Inn, excellent hotel) If you want a break from "stew beef" and rice and beans give yourself a treat here.
Prices are obviously higher than in the cheap and cheerful joints on nearby Freetown St but you get excellent value for money. Also, they don't gouge you with liquor prices. A Belikin is only B$1 more than buying it at a local store.
Food is very high quality, especially the catch of the day: pan seared grouper with jicama and citrus dressing. There is a good selection of fish and meat dishes.
I recommend the outdoor dining area. It is breezy and warm with a view of the river. I found the aircon inside a bit chilly!
I found all the waiters very attentive and Carlos deserves special mention for his service and his business acumen in encouraging me to write this review!

Buen probecho!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Thank god for trip advisor, after putting up with mediocre food in the best western Biltmore this place saved my taste bubs! After 2 nights of bad food at the best western I checked TA and this place came up. Head into Belize city and use your phone maps or sat bags as Belize city seems to frown on telling you what street names are? Anywho, make sure you don't cross the river as its propertdly well dodgy for misguided tourists.
Once you find it it doesn't look impressive but inside its massive and relaxing, out the back there is seating and a view of the river is you can chill and watch the boats go past.
After the steak? I had at the biltmore I was expecting the same battered shoe sole, boy was I wrong the fillet was 90% better and edible! Cost about the same as the hotel but was enjoyable. Waiters could show abit more enthusiasm, but apart from that bug bear its well worth the effort if your hotel has no idea of what a steak should taste and look like. Disappointed there was no peppercorn sauce but at least my taste buds rejoiced.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went to the Riverside Tavern on a recommendation and and both enjoyed absolutely delicious burgers! Also amazing service, thank you Alex, you were wonderful!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member