“Not sure what the hype is about”
Review of Anna's Lunch Box

Anna's Lunch Box
Ranked #21 of 114 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I am sure the food is decent here. Couple issues . The waitress that helped us is way too aggressive. She was not even personable. Strike 1
The food today was just straight up not even good. Strike 2
However I made my complaints to the owner, who seem sympathetic and apologetic.
I told the waitress how I was disappointed with the food and her response was maybe you should help cook your food if you visit again. Are you serious !!!
She then asked me tip her cash instead of my credit card. I strongly doubt if I would visit again. On a positive note, my daughters burger was good.
Again maybe the chef was just having a bad day.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stopped here as a suggestion from a local tour guide. Two of us ordered the jerk chicken and they said it was delicious. I had curried conch, beans and rice, and some of the best potato salad I've ever eaten. It had cilantro in it and it was very good. The staff and Ms. Anna are very nice. It is a tiny spot in the town, not upscale, just down home, but still a great place to stop for lunch, etc. It wasn't any more expensive than an American diner/restaurant with home cooked food. I did try the bread pudding and it was much more dense and cake-like than I am used to in America. It was cut in squares like a brownie and you could actually hold it in your hand to eat like a sandwich. It wasn't very sweet and I didn't care for it. It was only $2 US for a large piece. I would recommend that travelers wanting authentic Belizian food should stop by.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Such friendly people and good food! Loved how spicy everything was. I have the jerk chicken, next time I won’t share

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Had
- stew beef/ cilantro rice/ coleslaw: AMAZING, super fresh rice
- jerk beef / cilantro/ potato salad: really good
- jerk chicken/ coconut rice/ Veges: chicken was breast so dry . Jerk sauce was sweet, not Jamaican spicy jerk

Tres leche cake was so refreshing and yummy. Great meal before our water taxi.

And shout out to Dawn who just made it so much fun for us.

4/5 as they didn’t have a few things we wanted to order off the menu.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Best jerk chicken other than jamacia. Serves perfect portions and every bite was amazing. Returning before i leave for morw