“Go for a Drink and the View, Not the Food”
Review of Bird's Isle

Bird's Isle
Ranked #4 of 117 Restaurants in Belize City
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2018

The location is great. I had creamy drink with with something like Kaluha it was faboulous.The food was average, I had shrimp, the potato salad inedible and my friend's fries were cold.

1  Thank 662marc

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Virgin Birds Isle smoothie is a glass of creamy pineapple deliciousness. Virgin strawberry daiquiri was smooth and tart. Key lime pie was just ok. Refrigerated jello type pie. Servers very pleasant. Sitting at the waters edge was nice.

1  Thank Tina G
Reviewed 23 January 2018

When we ordered the ans to find wer we heard most was; We ran out of it. Lobster, Shrimp,Tortillias, Orange Juice, and so on. The waitress said that they had a party today and a lot of stuff was missing.
We ordered but they had. The food was mostly cold, though okay in taste.
I asked for the manager. She explained that it is mother nature, there is few lobster right no. I forget to mention the tortilla and the orange juice.

Party or few lobster in the sea?
I had lobster the next day.
We night have been unlucky with that day, but I just can't stand when they make stuff up instead of saying how it is. I understand it is within the culture to be diplomatic and beat around the bush (also see my review about the Best Western in Belize), but train your staff to adapt to your guests.

1  Thank Theclaudicola
Reviewed 14 January 2018

The waterfront view was beautiful at night. Our waitress, Nash, was very pleasant and did a great job. We had the grilled chicken wings done in a Caribbean style (delicious) with potato salad and cole slaw (both mediocre) and the shrimp ceviche (the best we ever ate!). The Belize-made rum was very good and cheap! We will be going back this week.

1  Thank Jay A
Reviewed 8 January 2018

First meal I had coming from the airport. Great drinks and good food on the water. Wait staff was amazing. The atmosphere is great for parties of 3 or more. The food is standard fare with an island twist, but the DRINKS.... yes!

Date of visit: August 2017