“Authentic food, great view”
Review of Wet Lizard

Wet Lizard
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Belize City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Reviewed 1 week ago

We stopped here on our way back to the cruise ship. I wanted to have authentic Belizian food (red beans and rice and plantains). I was disappointed to discover that they had run out of plantains! The service was average but being on the waterfront was great. For a tourist-type restaurant I would recommend this. The pina colada was great, even better than what I got on board the cruise ship.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stopped here to grab a quick bite for lunch before returning to the cruise ship. Food was a bit overpriced for the quantity and quality. I had coconut shrimp. It was decent. Had to ask multiple times for different things...ketchup, Jezebel sauce, napkins, etc. nothing to write home about. But the decor is great.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Stopped for a quick break after a DI employee gave us the recommendation. Local beer was good, and we splurged for conch fritters (though we thought they were a tad too pricey). They were very good even with the spicy dipping sauce. Sat by the water, pretty view, fun decor.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Before venturing out into the city. Great place for cocktail! Friendly staff! Didn't have a chance to try the food. Owner is from Atlanta!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I've not had abundant luck at port restaurants in the past so I was reluctant that my party chose to stop here for lunch but I'm glad they did! My daughter and I shared the Belizean Platter and it was great. She is vegetarian and over half the items on the platter are vegetarian friendly. I, of course, ate the meat pie from the sampler and is was super tasty and spiced just right in a nice crust. I also tried the local beer, Belikin, and was impressed with it as well, smooth and malty. The prices were reasonable (the platter was $15 US) and the server was all smiles and friendly. Moho, the Belizean produced chocolate, also has a store behind the restaurant and should be visited for desert. We ventured outside of port for a bit as well but it appeared that all the restaurants were in port and I give a thumbs up to this one!

llb1212, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

I am so glad you didn't just walk on by because we were in the port. We strive to keep the quality of the food and service to a high degree. So happy you enjoyed your Belizean Platter. We created that so you could get a good sample of some very tasty local food. Moho is a great chocolate factory, made from Belizean coco beans. They do make for a good dessert. Again, so glad you stopped in and hope to see you again.
Laura