“Quick cocktail!”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Before venturing out into the city. Great place for cocktail! Friendly staff! Didn't have a chance to try the food. Owner is from Atlanta!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've not had abundant luck at port restaurants in the past so I was reluctant that my party chose to stop here for lunch but I'm glad they did! My daughter and I shared the Belizean Platter and it was great. She is vegetarian and over half the items on the platter are vegetarian friendly. I, of course, ate the meat pie from the sampler and is was super tasty and spiced just right in a nice crust. I also tried the local beer, Belikin, and was impressed with it as well, smooth and malty. The prices were reasonable (the platter was $15 US) and the server was all smiles and friendly. Moho, the Belizean produced chocolate, also has a store behind the restaurant and should be visited for desert. We ventured outside of port for a bit as well but it appeared that all the restaurants were in port and I give a thumbs up to this one!

llb1212, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am so glad you didn't just walk on by because we were in the port. We strive to keep the quality of the food and service to a high degree. So happy you enjoyed your Belizean Platter. We created that so you could get a good sample of some very tasty local food. Moho is a great chocolate factory, made from Belizean coco beans. They do make for a good dessert. Again, so glad you stopped in and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

The Wet Lizard is a great place to Chill out, have some fun, great drinks and food while listening to a cool DJ! Definitely want to check this place out.

llb1212, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Well, Mike the DJ will be happy to know that he is cool, thanks so much. He definitely loves making sure that the guests have a good time, while eating and drinking. Did you get on the dance floor? We are working on some more interesting cocktails so I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Wet lizard had very good service, with good price drinks and a very friendly staff. Food is also very delicious.

Hi Casey:
We truly appreciate reviews, that is the only way we can keep improving, and making sure everyone stays happy. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself at the Lizard, and I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the staff. Thanks for stopping in and see you again.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The food in a restaurant is really fat, unhealthy and not tasty. In restaurant nobody said to us that all the prices are in USD not Belizian Dollars, in a menu you can find only amount but any information about the currency. They told about the currency when we have to pay for a disgusting food. Stay away from this place.

gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

What an unfortunate review. If you would have taken a moment to read the whole menu it indicates that all prices are in US dollars, just like every other establishment in the cruise port area. Our prices are very reasonable. Do you mean that 2 beers for $5.00 USD is expensive? Would you have preferred that we label it as 2 beers for $10 Belize dollars? This price exchange makes no difference in our pricing and there is nothing over $16.00 Wich is very competitive for the port. We serve shrimp, fish, and lobster any way you like and have healthy options, just ask. We have been in business for over 17 years and I take personal offense to your comment of disgusting food. We have some of the best food in town. If you were unhappy with the price you should have asked or read the whole menu. We are very proud of our staff, our food, our prices and of the great time that many thousands of guests over the years have had at our establishment. Your review is baseless and offers no helpful feedback. I hope that future guests take into consideration that your review does not reflect our beautiful location, our fun atmosphere, kind staff or great value.