“Three Days of Fun and Adventure”

Raggamuffin Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 39 Tours in Caye Caulker
More attraction details
Owner description: Raggamuffin Tour's sailing adventures provide access the most remote and inaccessible parts of Belize’s reef which showcase some of the most beautiful snorkeling in the world! We offer a legendary three day sailing trip from Caye Caulker to Placencia - an adventure that will give you memories to last a lifetime! We also sail to Hol Chan and Turneffe Atoll for snorkel day trips. Come see the unspoiled jewel of the Carribean, stay on deserted islands and snorkel the pristine barrier reef.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't even know where to start with how great this was. My 11-year old niece and I went on the three-day sailing and island-hopping adventure from Caye Caulker to Dangriga and the only negative was that I had to console a devastated 11-year old after the trip was finished.

The trip is not exactly for kids, and she barely met the minimum age requirement, but every crew member (thank you Shane, Jerry, and Chris!) and guest was nothing but kind and patient with having her on board,

Our days involved a minimum of two snorkel stops a day, nonstop eating, lots of drinking, and the kind of camaraderie that develops when you are sharing the travel experience of a lifetime. They took my shoes away on day one and I didn't even think of them again for three days.

And when they say three days/two nights they don't mean "we leave late afternoon on day one and drop you off in the morning of day three." These are three full days, departing early on day one and finishing mid to late afternoon on day three.

At first glance, the trip can seem a bit expensive. But I was looking at traveling down the coast anyway and, traveling with a child, probably would have booked private transport rather than taken a bus. When I figured in the cost of private transport, hotel, food, and multiple snorkeling opportunities, suddenly the Raggamuffin tour seemed like a pretty good deal.

And the snorkeling was a delight.There's obviously no guarantee what you will see on any given day but our guides were expert at pointing out some fantastic creatures, including a shark, giant stingrays, beautiful coral formations, and even a manatee! This was my first trip to the Caribbean and my niece's first time in any ocean and we couldn't have asked for better guides. Life jackets are available for those who want them so even less confident swimmers can snorkel with the group.

Those who are interested can also fish (with rod and reel or with spear guns) and help with the sailing.If you aren't interested, you are welcome to lean back and relax.

Accommodations involved a tent on the beach on day one, and a bunk house on day two. Nothing luxurious but I certainly made due.The boat is small so it seems like 15 guests + crew would make for an overly crowded situation. Yet somehow it didn't seem cramped. I think the pacing of the trip is so well thought out that just as you might be getting stir-crazy, it's time to snorkel or get out and explore a tiny island, or eat. Food was plentiful and so good. Rum punch was also delicious although as I was acting in parentis loco, I didn't have nearly as much as I otherwise would have.

Final thought--my niece does get sea sick and she had some issues even though our "inside the reef" tour kept us mostly in calm waters. Dramamine generally kept things in control. When I asked her if she would recommend this trip even for someone who got seasick, I got an emphatic YES! She really was devastated to leave all of her new best friends.

1  Thank TheophaniaSeattle
raggamuffintour, Owner at Raggamuffin Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi TheophaniaSeattle

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your time with us. We are glad you enjoyed everything we offer in our 3 day 2 night sail.

We hope you visit us again sometime in the future.

Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1 150)
All reviews
"recommend this trip"
in 24 reviews

8 - 12 of 1 150 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff are so professional and accomodating, wanting to make sure you have the best time possible and responding to any requests you may have. Definitely worthwhile going out on a Sail Bot as it Mamés the experience so relaxing. They also drop you off at Koko King at the end so you can enjoy the beach a little longer. Food is pretty good and drinks are nice. Thank you!

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your full day sail and snorkel with us.

We hope you make it back to sail with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went snorkeling for most of the day. The captain and crew were wonderful! Captain Rob, Reef, & Carlos were amazing guides! They shared information about the reef, the coral and sea life. Reef was our snorkeling guide and he was amazing. Diving deep to point out coral and fish that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Before we left for the tour, I wear glasses and was concerned about the ability to wear my glasses with the snorkeling mask, they provided me with a prescription mask so I could see everything! I was so impressed from the beginning to the end of our time. A very fun trip!

Hi Nicole D

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your full day snorkel with us. We are glad you had a great time with our guides and enjoyed everything about our reef!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Honestly, if you’re hesitating, don’t. Just book it! We did both the day trip to Hol Chan Reserve and the 3 day sailing trip with these guys and both experiences were out of this world. Not only is it beautiful and alive out in the reserves/reef but the crew make the experience what it is. They are so committed to everyone having a great time and are incredibly knowledgeable about both the sea life and sailing. On the day trip we had Robert, Chris and Jacob and then on the sailing trip we were lucky enough to have Jacob again as Captain, with Elio and Chef Linton. Honestly, these guys deserve a medal! A huge Thankyou to all of them, we really are so grateful for the memories and felt we made friends more than anything! Also, if it matters to you I felt these guys were the most “responsible” out on the reef of the tour operators. We saw many boats anchoring too close to reefs, taking huge groups of snorkellers out with only 1 guide in the water and all crammed on much smaller speed boats compared to our catamaran. We also observed a lot of other boats feeding the wild life which of course has its impacts to the ecosystem and something the guides on Ragga refused to do which we appreciated! The food is awesome (I don’t know how they do it in the tiny catamaran kitchen!) and rum punch is plentiful too! private island each night on the sailing trip which is an epic experience in itself. If you are in Caye Caulker, you’re crazy if you don’t do it!

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your 3 day sail and Hol Chan trip with us! We are happy to see you experienced both of our tours and had a great time with our guides, captains and everything we had to offer!