“Great Tour and Great People”

Mundo Maya Jungle Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mundo Maya Jungle Tours Ltd is a one stop shop for the best tours in Belize. specializing in Caves , Mayan Ruins , Zip Lining ,Waterfalls , Rappelling , Snorkeling , Fishing , Sailing , and much more
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Mundo Maya, from my perspective, was a travel agent for all the tour providers in the area, which is why it appears to be a slightly higher costs than others (everyone on the island knows "a guy" and everyone is getting their cut). That said, the people that we toured with were all first rate - everything was well communicated and expectations were met or exceeded.

The only thing I would do differently is I would ask where we are leaving from and try to meet them there in my golf cart as it would have created some flexibility for the rest of our day and we wouldn't have been there so early - both times we used them, we spent time waiting for others as we all congregated to fill capacity of the various tour providers. This provides a benefit in that you know the tour will go.

We did a 4 stop snorkel and the Mexico Rocks/Tres Cocos 1/2 day trip (via Ambergris Divers) and were pleased with both.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"rum punch"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018

we couldn't have been luckier to bump into Jose Quiroz. we were in the search for a flight over the Blue hole and this gentleman took over 2 hours to help us organize a flight on our last day, call in a pilot on his day off and make magic for us to have one of the best experiences we've ever had.

2  Thank Alissa R
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We arrive 4 girls a bit lost in San Pedro and wanted to get a ride in plane to see the blue hole and it was very difficult to find the place to book with a good price !! But Jose Quiroz saw us in the street and help us to find the plane and arrange everything for us !!!! This guy is just amazing and so so nice !!!!!!!

2  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed 18 March 2018

I did my homework and read the reviews about the Belize company trips to Mayan ruins and cave tubing.. I called to book the trip and it turned out to be the most unprofessional group I have ever worked with:
- Geson, the salesman was 1.5 hours late to get the payment
- We were told to be ready at 5:40 am.. they showed up at 6:30 am.
- THe tourguide in Belize City told us right off the bat, that his girlfriend lost her sister so he was up all night and exhausted. His car had no airconditioning. not good in the jungle.
- after the tours he wanted to drop us off 2.5 hours early to sit at the airport to wait for our plane
- upon returning.. there was NO ONE there to drive us home, so we had to pay $40 USD for a taxi home..
I was later told there are a dozen other companies who can provide this tour. i wish I knew about them before. not a good experience.

1  Thank casamama3
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in San Pedro for 25 days in January and February,on our 2nd day we were lucky enough to meet Jose Quiroz,and his partner George. They set us up with a really great golf cart, and gave us an unreal rate for the rest of our time there. A couple days later we went and ask about the Lamanei River Tour,and after Jose told us what we were getting for our money we booked. It was amazing,a small plane flew us over to Belize, Orange Rock, where we landed in the sugarcane fields, it was really cool. Picked up and driven over to the river to meet up with our boat and continue on with the day. Our guides were very informative and really helpful and extremely friendly. The lunch was provided, as well as the breakfast,and the food was just delicious. Lots of water , pop, cola, rum punch, rum and coke, they were very accommodating,and took good care of us. The boat trip was so much fun, just flying up the rivers bends, the captains were very good at navigating the river. We saw iguanas, crocodiles,so many types of birds, it was just wonderful. The tour to the ruins was really awesome,lots of climbing and views. Really worthwhile. The flight back was very scenic,and relaxing.Thanks to all the crew, just the best.
So the last tour we booked was the 4 stop snorkeling tour. It was another amazing day. Stats with breakfast, then off to the sail boat, and off you go. All 4 stops were great, tons of fish and turtles,and sharks. I loved everything about this day. The lunch was caught and cooked on the boat, it was just delicious, fish was fresh, rice, tortillas,beans, chicken, lovely drinks, and wonderful rum punch. The crew were top notch, really professional and helpful. Felt safe and secure the entire trip.
Thanks for all the great trips, we have the best pictures and memories. I highly recommend this company, you feel like family, they take super good care of you.
Thanks