All reviews ping pong great hosts cave tubing a great vacation ambergris caye pablo betty breeze guests bikes housekeeper guide property dock fishing
Reviewed 12 December 2017

My wife and I stayed at Shell-Ease with another couple and we had a wonderful time! John and Linda we exceptional hosts! From delightful homemade breakfasts every morning, to helping us plan and schedule activities, the service they provided was outstanding. And you can't beat the views! Right on the beach, with hammocks, lounge chairs, and it's own dock the property is a peaceful oasis. The property only has two guest rooms which are pretty good size and have private bathrooms. So if you're looking for a small place to get away, this one is perfect!

We also spent 2 days snorkeling with their "Under da Sea" guide Noel and it was fantastic! It was very clear that Noel really knew his stuff! Not only did he take special care to ensure my wife was comfortable snorkeling (it was her first time), but he seemed to know every fish on the reef personally! From rays and sharks to turtles and tarpin, Noel took us on some great adventures.

We can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2017

My wife and I enjoyed 5 of the BEST days at Shell-Ease by the Sea. What great hosts! What an amazing, relaxing environment. John and Linda were fantastic. Awesome breakfast to start each day, beautiful beaches, palms swaying in the breeze.... couldn't ask for a better place to unwind and enjoy the beauty of Ambergris Caye. Our snorkeling/boating excursion was top shelf. We have never had a guide actually get in the water with us to show us around the reef, identify fish, and just help us relax and enjoy the experience. If you're looking for a place to have a great vacation, stop right here. Shell-Ease by the Sea is superb.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

From the time John Shelley pick myself and my fiancé up at the local Airport in Belize City I had a warm suspicion we were going to feel at ease and comfortable with our hosts at Shell Ease. It had only been a couple weeks before when I learned that I would be traveling to Belize with my lovely fiancé. John and Linda Shelley are superior hosts. It is obvious that they want their guests to have an exceptional experience at their B&B and they gracefully extend themselves with an obvious passion for serving their guests and their individual tastes. We enjoyed the accommodations, oceanside location, and John and Linda's cooking tremendously! We found ourselves choosing to stay for optional dinners prepared by the Shelleys instead of trekking out to restaurants. Yes, the food is THAT good. The bonus was hanging out with the Shelleys. They are quite wonderful people. In addition, Pablo and Betty, both of whom help maintain the property and keep the quarters clean, respectively, are genuinely helpful and warm themselves. I enjoyed the two dogs, cat, and chickens on the property as well. The Shelleys pointed us in the right direction with knowledgeable and friendly snorkel and mainland Belize guides. We ended the trip with a relaxing beachside massage, ahhh. In summary, this was a great place to celebrate my 50th birthday. It works especially well as a couples vacation destination. But it need not be a special occasion. We are talking about how we'd like to return some day, possibly with our children. Thanks to our wonderful hosts, and of course my fiancé, for arranging this sterling lifelong memory for me. This is one of the best carribean vacation experiences I have had and I fully recommend Shell Ease if you're planning a trip to experience Belize.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick H
Reviewed 9 December 2016

Just what we wanted for a vacation! John picked us up from the airport in his 4 wheel drive ATV/Golf Cart and off we went. It was dark when we arrived but there was a welcome drink and stir fry with snapper and coconut rice for dinner after a long day of travel. John and Linda were awesome hosts always making sure we were good or needed anything. Breakfast is no joke here - fresh fruit, eggs and juices every morning in the screened in sunroom with an ocean view. A different breakfast every day - we were here 7 days. Then to the end of the dock for a snorkeling trip or just down to one of the three hammocks to read by the ocean or a water taxi into town. There are all kinds of water toys we did not use - next time!! Plenty of hot water (great pressure), pillows and a comfortable bed. Linda even had iced coffee in the room for me. Our room was made up daily and Betty made us those cute towel animals. There was plenty of drawers, hangers and counter space in the bathroom. There are lights on both sides of the bed but only one side has a table. We enjoyed hanging out with the dogs, chickens, hermit crabs and Tigger when he would show himself. None of the animals were loud or woke us up at night. We came for the snorkeling and it did not disappoint but the hospitality at Shell-Ease by the Sea really made our trip something special.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We actually stayed next door to this property, didn't know about it prior to our stay. We used a snorkeling company in town for all day snorkel and it was ok, too crowded, then John and Linda were recommended to us. Noel is the best snorkeling guide we have ever had, knowledgeable and fun. We are going back and this is will be the only company we use for snorkeling and fishing!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple