8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$307
eDreamsUS$307
TripadvisorUS$307
Reviews (1 361)
1 361 results
1 252
1 252
All reviews golf cart fish ambergris caye banana pancakes captain oliver dinner reservations breakfast was included swim up bar in town hidden treasure every morning washer dryer paddle boards black orchid full kitchen the entire staff private island
Selected filters
14 - 19 of 1 361 reviews
Reviewed 23 May 2021

PRVs are privately owned condos with a central bar, pool, and beach that are managed by a central staff. The beachfront condo we stayed in was nicely appointed, air-conditioned, clean and had an amazing view of the water. It was also very quiet despite being right next to the pool and bar. On site, you can use bikes, paddleboards, kayaks and games with no additional charge and the staff went above and beyond to make sure my family was able to do whatever activity or excursion we wanted. We also were able to rent a golf cart on site and have it delivered to the resort. I would definitely get a cart as taxis in and out of town can add up. As the map will show, this resort is 2 odd miles south of San Pedro and we enjoyed not being in the hustle and bustle. Getting into town was easy with our cart and the staff had good recs on where to eat. Some reviewers mentioned that the road is not paved and this is true but I think it all adds to the experience of feeling removed from town. The real stars of PRVs is the staff. Tristian, Marilyn, Kai and Nahim are kind, helpful, proactive, hard-working, super friendly and professional. Their service would be 10-star if that was a thing. I mentioned that it was my daughter's birthday before we arrived and on the actual day, while we were out, they festively decorated her room and even baked a cake. I can 't wait to go back and stay here again!

Room tip: beachfront is the way to go!
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 15 May 2021

Our realtor referred us to Pelican Reef for our first trip to Belize/Ambergris Caye. From our initial inquiry to the hotel, Tristian made our visit so effortless. Specific Covid testing requirements were clearly detailed for the arrival to Belize by US passengers and departure Covid requirments for return to the USA. Once we arrived in Belize City Tristian gave details how to catch the commuter flight to Ambergris Airport and scheduled the flights. When we arrived at Ambergris Caye Tristian had the van waiting to take us to the Pelican. The room was very clean, had good A/C, nice kitchen and was well equipped. Breakfasts were delicious. All the staff were very helpful and gracious. They also were vocal about enjoying both their work and employers. My wife and I scheduled refresher scuba courses, fishing trips, dinner reservations and return Covid testing-all through Tristian-he made it too easy!! The beach was beautiful, the water warm and the time delightful thanks to the wonderful facility and staff.

1  Thank johnsT8959HE
Reviewed 14 May 2021

We have traveled extensively and our entire family agreed this is the most beautiful and well run resort we have ever stayed!!! The entire staff at Pelican Reef was friendly and so helpful but of course Tristan was the MVP. His help extended way before we even arrived with his helpful emails and phone call to plan various excursions and answer all of our questions. Once we arrived he made sure we were always well taken care of and provided so many helpful tips about the island. He is definitely one of a kind and true accept to the resort. All of the excursions that were planned were perfect and so enjoyable (snorkeling and scuba adventures, dinner recommendations delicious and enjoyable) and restaurant on location provided healthy and flavorable options when we didn't feel like leaving and/or wanted drinks at the bar (excellent bartender too!!). The resort itself was absolutely beautiful and the cleanest place I have ever seen. Our condo was a 3 bedroom top floor ocean front view and it was perfect (spacious, gorgeous views, nice decor, and so peaceful). The only negative was that it was a little far from the rest of the town which definitely required the use of the golf cart but well worth it in terms of privacy, safety, and beauty. Just get yourself a golf cart!!!

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Paris1221
Reviewed 7 May 2021

We were looking for a small, quaint, quiet place with the view to relax for a few days. Pelican Reef Villas delivered that. Great condos in top shape, kept up, clean. Right on the water. Great staff and service. Good breakfast (included). Arranged and made reservations for everything we asked for - from local flights to airport transport and covid test for the return flight. One thing to consider - if you want white sand and a swimmable beach - this is NOT a place. Swim off the dock, and the resort has a long retaining wall to protect it from the erosion. But since everyone rents a golf cart, getting to a beautiful beach is not a big deal.

2  Thank Dasha M
Reviewed 4 May 2021

I’ve put off writing this, because words can’t even describe what an amazing experience we had here. We had pretty high expectations going in, but they surpassed them in every way possible. This place is so intimate, and you really get to know the staff. They are personable, and they are kind. I was so sad to say goodbye to Marilyn. I loved chatting with her throughout our stay. It felt like I was taking to a friend. Tristan is incredible. He took care of everything, and the excursions he arranged for us were amazing. They were everything we wanted and more. The guides on the excursions were so nice and they made us feel safe and comfortable. It felt like Tristan was a travel agent. He was arranging things and answering all our questions before we even got there, and he never steered us wrong. You will not get this type of service staying at a huge resort. We were there on Easter, and they set up an Easter egg hunt for all of the children! We had no idea that they’d be doing this. It was such a great surprise, and the kids were all so happy.

The location is perfect! Close enough to take a golf cart into town, but also tucked away and removed from the business of town. We had so much fun taking the golf cart over to find food and explore. The breakfast at Pelican Reef is included, and oh my gosh, so good!! We looked forward to it each morning. I tried everything on the breakfast menu, and nothing disappointed! My kids could not get enough of the banana pancakes, and now that we are home, they still talk about them.

I could go on and on about how incredible this place is. We were there for nine days, and I do not have a single complaint. While we were there, my husband and I would often talk about how lucky we were to find this place. My family and I can’t wait to go back to Pelican Reef. Best vacation ever. Thank you to the amazing staff and all of the kind Belizean people who made us feel safe and welcome.

Excursions:
Day at sea with Captain Oliver
Cave tubing, zip lining, Mayan ruins
Half day fishing and snorkeling

Date of stay: April 2021