“Hot and Delicious!”

Pupuseria Salvadoreno
Ranked #20 of 223 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Salvadoran
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Family owned authentic hand made pupusas, fajitas, civiche made to order. Tostades, carne asada, Belizean rice and beans and delicious burritos.
Reviewed 12 April 2017

The tastes of Central America! Full of delicious options this pupuseria is the best on Ambergris Caye! You can mix and match your fillings for pupusas to your liking with vegetarian options as well! If pupusas aren't your thing, there are plenty other options to choose from to include delicious ceviche, tostadas, burritos and more. The staff was kind and prompt. Good for a quick lunch and even a dinner without breaking the bank. Their homemade sauces stole my heart especially! The ghost pepper sauce was perfection, add some spice to your life!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

This is a great local place with outstanding food. One of our favorite places we discovered. The best places to eat are not along the beach where all the tourists walk. You have to get off the beach and go to places like this. We ate here several times. Great service and the pupuses are delicious. They are small tortillas stuffed with meat and cheese grilled to order. Super cheap also.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Oh my goodness what a great place.
Very rustic. Great food. My husband and I shared the shrimp ceviche and it was the best we have had on the island.
We then started on the pupusas which are made freshly in front of you with your choice of fillings. They were yummy. Good food, friendly staff, good value. Perfect. Hope we get chance to visit again before we leave.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

After reading reviews, we decided to stop in for a quick mid afternoon bite to eat. We ordered up a plate of 3 pupusas and a chicken burrito. The burrito was quite large and taste was ok, but didn't stand out. The pupusas were very good. Clearly fresh and very tasty.

The problem came when we got our bill. Belizian law states that restaurants must include the price of tax in their menus. However, when we got our bill, taxes were added to the price stated on the menus. When I questioned them, they tried to tell me that their prices are going up and that they have ordered new menus.

I didn't argue too much. I paid the bill as is, but the added tourist 'tax' just took away from the tip that I would have left.

Not cool when a resto tries to scam unsuspecting tourists. Luckily, I knew better. Now you do too.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Loved the food! We tried the tostadas, quesadillas and several kinds of papusas! There was something for all of us--a vegan, a vegetarian and two light carnivores. We had a late dinner there and went back twice in the afternoon after returning from morning snorkel and fishing excursions. The servers could not have been more helpful and friendly!

1  Thank dradventurer