“Jungle fortress”

Ranked #32 of 217 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Only restaurant that specializes in wonderful recipes of the famous invasive lionfish! Other seafood & meats served as well in a rustic outdoor island setting (Walk Ins). Try our Chef's Table Option for the ultimate dining experience where you watch your meals prepared in front of you by Belize's Taste Of Belize Master Chef Competition 2016 Top Finalist, Chef Mar.(Reservations Required.) Fun Bar Atmosphere
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Pirates Treasure is located over the bridge and sort of in a less developed part of the island which is nice. You feel like it cropped out of nowhere and was built out of rocks found along the way. Staff was welcoming. A few local bikers were hanging out telling tales. I stopped after dinner so cannot comment on the food but the drinks were good and they had a full bar.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Easily, the best meal I had while visiting Belize. We had a party of 16, so we were able to sit at the chefs table (min of 4). Such an amazing experience. The Chef introduced herself, told us her story/history, and answered any questions we had along the way. She even helped me out with my 10 month old daughter! (My daughter was eating EVERYTHING she put In front of us but I had not given her lobster yet, so I asked for a few noodles with cheese). Absolutely incredible experience and well worth every penny.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Passed by here a few times before it was recommended by our snorkeling guide for the best lionfish on the island. Our guide wasn't wrong. The Garlic and Ginger Butter Lionfish was the best meal I had all week and at a reasonable price for the quality and portion of food. It was fairly quiet the night we went, as we heard the night before everybody was dancing on the bar. Friendly bartender, and a place where the locals hangout.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Stopped here specifically for the lion fish and it was pretty good. However, we wanted a whole fish and this came flavored and stewed. Still good, not what we wanted.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Really fantastic food, at great setting, and a lovely barman. Great to have some drinks with the locals too. A definite must.