3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$174
Reviews (1 756)
1 756 results
1 147
1 147
All reviews pineapple dive shop blue hole dive staff dive master ambergris caye golf cart thatch roof beachfront room in town dive vacation fish honeymoon suite great dive restaurant staff every morning tropical paradise
Selected filters
15 - 20 of 1 756 reviews
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Phenomenal experience!! We came on a dive trip thru PADI. I was super impressed with this resort. The staff takes extremely good care of you. I cannot name them all but the wait staff are all very attentive and your drinks are never empty. We ate several places in town and I do not think we had a better meal anywhere than what we had at pineapples. Jack, Christian, “Charlie”, Jorges and the rest were really great. The front desk was awesome as well. Jose and his team booked dinner reservations, gave tips on places to go and....not go! The dive shop may be one of the best I’ve ever dealt with. Rick has a great team. Adolfo, Raul, and the guys were superb. Taught us a ton of new stuff and catered to every thing we needed. We took a fishing trip with Guillermo and David. The hooked us up with some really good fishing. But then we snorkeled for conch and spear fished. G made a phenomenal ceviche on the boat and then he and David prepared fish and veggies on the beach! Quite possible the best meal we had! You cannot go wrong staying here!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Escape61490168041
Reviewed 27 May 2021

My room at S&B's was dirty. Stains on the walls. Hair on the blow dryer for a week - not mine. Didn't clean up well daily. Erratic coffee supply.
Outdoor areas were trashed by guests. Ramon's was much better taken care of and the staff is the friendliest anywhere.

Dive operation was good but my computer logged me out for 48 hours on my 2nd day after a 90' dive, an overnight, then 85', then on the subsequent 75' dive. All dives with slow ascents and safety stops, but long bottom times.

1  Thank CCC
Reviewed 24 May 2021

Spent last week diving at this bit of paradise. Mr. Rick manages a great, safety conscious, confident inspiring team. If I tried to mention all these great folks by name I'd miss someone. I enjoyed three different boat crews, 4 different dive guides and team members. Dives were adapted to meet the late season weather, and I had wonderful sensory overload from all the fantastic diving. Had two day trips, GBH and Turneffe; of course the diving was fantastic. A favorite highlite of these trips was the boat ride itself. I'll never be in the yacht set, but dashing through the waves on Lady Grace and Miss Nina is high seas adventure at it's peak. High praise to Mr. Einer for matching the shoreside team to the excellence of the diving experience. The dining featured a new gourmet specialty each evening. The housekeeping and groundskeeping were impecable. I failed miserably in calling these friendly folks by name but they never forgot. Kudos, thanks, and warm wishes to you all, I came away much refreshed.

Room tip: Communicate with the staff. Much variety in cabana locations.
1  Thank gmerick
Reviewed 18 May 2021

4th time staying here and I'm never disappointed. It's amazing how hard the front desk workers Josh and Jose work at trying to know every guest. They make such a great first impression that continues throughout your stay. The manager is there from sun up from sun down overseeing every single detail. Truly impressive. We always enjoy the wait staff - especially Jack and Christian. The rooms are beautiful and kept up to a high standard. We were here when the sea grass was at its worst and they busted their butts every morning to get it cleared off. We looked at other resorts up and down the beach then laughed and wondered why we'd ever stay anywhere than this beautiful place. Until next year...

Room tip: There is not a bad room at this resort.
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank AnneEdwards
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Ramon's is a beautiful property located on a gorgeous beach. The staff are absolutely outstanding and make you feel instantly welcome and truly liked, not just smiled at because they're told to.

Pros: The staff, the food (good and well-priced), the service, the location, our room was great, the dive operation was absolutely top-notch with great boats and fabulous guides.

Not so Pro: No bar. They sell wine and beer but nothing else. The manager told us why they made this decision - thanks drunken, unruly and destructive tourists. Alcohol on the island is extremely expensive so if you must have hard booze, buy it at the tariff-free shops.

Con: The diving. No fault of the resort but the dive sites are degrading just like they are all over the Caribbean. Very few small fish however, if you enjoy swimming with nurse sharks you'll be thrilled. (Not dangerous!) Turtles on almost every dive and dolphins on one.

Room tip: Go with ocean front, but 1st floor. Trees block 2nd flor views.