3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$173
Reviews (1 756)
1 757 results
1 147
1 147
All reviews pineapple dive shop blue hole dive staff dive master ambergris caye golf cart thatch roof beachfront room in town dive vacation fish honeymoon suite great dive restaurant staff every morning tropical paradise
Selected filters
20 - 25 of 1 757 reviews
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Ramon's is a beautiful property located on a gorgeous beach. The staff are absolutely outstanding and make you feel instantly welcome and truly liked, not just smiled at because they're told to.

Pros: The staff, the food (good and well-priced), the service, the location, our room was great, the dive operation was absolutely top-notch with great boats and fabulous guides.

Not so Pro: No bar. They sell wine and beer but nothing else. The manager told us why they made this decision - thanks drunken, unruly and destructive tourists. Alcohol on the island is extremely expensive so if you must have hard booze, buy it at the tariff-free shops.

Con: The diving. No fault of the resort but the dive sites are degrading just like they are all over the Caribbean. Very few small fish however, if you enjoy swimming with nurse sharks you'll be thrilled. (Not dangerous!) Turtles on almost every dive and dolphins on one.

Room tip: Go with ocean front, but 1st floor. Trees block 2nd flor views.
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 9 May 2021

The dive shop was the best I've ever used! Top notch! Andy was my dive master for most of the week and he could not have been nicer and more accommodating all while looking our for our safety. He helped me figure out my new dive computer, patiently answered all my questions, handed me all my things that I kept losing - sigh-, and saved me from an overly friendly turtle even if I didn't know I needed saving. LOL. Rick, the manager and all of his staff were terrific and worked so hard. I don't think I've ever seen anyone work so hard as Johnathon on the boat pulling 5 divers up from incredibly rough water. The water was rough all week but we had a skilled captain at the helm in Elmer. All the crew including Guillermo and- I feel so badly that I didn't get the name of another crew member that was with us as well--- just EVERYONE!!!! I did end up on full day dive that was not at all what I wanted but I had only myself to blame. I wanted to get on a boat with some friends I met figuring they were doing the same as the boat I was supposed to be on and, of course, they accommodated me at the last minute (they are that good). Just a fluke.

The resort property was lovely as was the staff; especially in the restaurant. I did, however, battle cockroaches in my room the entire week. I understand that I was on an island and they thrive there but that doesn't mean it's okay to sleep with them. I haven't seen one in many years and never in my hotel rooms. It just so happens that they are one of my biggest fears. I'm horrified by them and didn't sleep very much always looking around. The staff including Mr. Einer tried to help but I believe my room wasn't properly sealed because on my last night I was moved to another room with a different roof structure and I didn't find one cockroach. One night I found them in my cosmetics bag and luggage. Security came to kill one and then more appeared. Alan on the overnight shift search high and low and couldn't find the others. So, it was decided that he would do a full spray in the room. I didn't think it through that the room wouldn't be aired out properly in enough time for a few hours of sleep. Alan was so kind and such a gentleman....he sat outside with me for 1.5 hours and we had such a nice chat about life, the world, culture and more which calmed me down -- I was truly terrified! But then, I had to go to sleep and spent the night inhaling bug spray and sleeping in a bug spray bed and I can still smell it after a week at home. The front desk was kind enough to set aside another room for me to move into if need be but Alan - only wanting to make things right form me had sprayed that room too. I wish I would have thought to bring a blanket out to the pool and sleep on one of those comfy loungers. Had a day with no sightings and then they were back. By that time I had my own can of bug spray. I have never been so emotionally and physically exhausted on a vacation. It was the kind of thing that would be made better at the bar.....but the resort does not have a bar! Beer and wine only. I've never been to a resort without a bar - wow.

Reviewed 29 April 2021 via mobile

Had a great stay at Ramon’s, our first time there. The entire staff could not be friendlier, or more interested in making your stay as nice as possible. Josh at the front desk, Rick, the Dive shop manager, and Christian in Pineapples were way better than great, and there were more!
Beautiful grounds, a big room, and great scuba diving...what more could you ask for? A true vacation from poor service and uncaring staff. This is how a resort should be. We will go back.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2021

Last year we stayed in a VRBO next to Ramon's and walked through there one night. My exact words were, "What IS this place?" The lush foliage makes you feel like you are in the jungle with the perfect little sand pathways subtly lit by hidden lights lead you to your very private cabana with it's own private, thatch-roofed porch. You feel like you are completely alone and can't even see your neighbors, though and EXCELLENT restaurant, dive shop, pool and beach are just a few feet away. It's just magical. The appointments of the room were lovely: wicker furniture, refrigerator, microwave, individual reading lights, lots of electrical outlets, tile showers, large vanity and NO TV. It took me 2 days to realize that was missing. Seriously. You are in paradise. Why would you watch tv? The pool and beach have a multitude of seating areas, some in the sun, some in the shade. The pool is so charming and the setting for the Pineapples Restaurant (reviewed separately) is perfect. However, the true gem of Ramon's is the staff. When we arrived, they knew our names. When I stayed 4 nights in one room, while moving in with another friend for the final 3, they knew that. Everyone made a point to remember our names and our "story", the color of our luggage and our plans for the day. They were simply the finest staff members I'd ever had the pleasure of staying with. In particular, Josh, in the office and Christian in the restaurant were exceptional, but everyone was on point the entire time. Are we going back to Ramon's next year? Of course. I'll probably stay in the Jungle Cabanas again. While the Seaside and Beachfront Cabanas are closer to the water, the Jungle Cabanas as so private and just fun to get to...like a trek through the jungle.

Room tip: The Jungle Cabanas are very private and most have private porches. However, we had 2 rooms that shared a porch.
Reviewed 25 April 2021

We just came back from a week at Ramon's and loved every moment! The General Manager,Einer, runs a great operation. The restaurant was awesome! The wait staff, including Christian, Edwin, Jack, Carlos and all the rest were exemplary. Our room was spacious and clean. Mr. Rick in the Dive Shop was helpful arranging excursions. Office staff were extremely helpful. Everything was perfect for the slightly belated celebration of our 45th anniversary! This was our second trip to San Pedro and our first to Ramon's.... We will be back!!