Reviews (1 486)
1 486 results
All reviews pineapple dive shop belizean princess dive master dive staff ambergris caye golf cart blue hole thatched roof beachfront room great diving in town fish dive sites dive vacation every morning nurse sharks
90 - 95 of 1 486 reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to San Pedro and we stayed at Ramones for four nights. Ramones is a great choice. All of the rooms have thatched roofs and it feels like Belize. The grounds are beautiful and sandy paths take you right to the water.

Food is great at Pineapples. We ate our breakfasts there and ordered food by the pool a few times. My kids loved the hammocks out front.

The jungle standard felt a little small for our family of four. More because of our stuff than us, it felt like a suitcase explosion the whole time. It felt a little loud at night but I kindof liked hearing the night life and planes from the nearby airport.

Pool is tiny but not crowded. A good choice for rinsing off after snorkeling but with the winds we were wishing for a hot tub.

Staff is awesome though. You will feel like you made a good choice with Ramones.

Oh and one tip! You can swim and snorkel from the end of the dock past the dive shop at the very end.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KBChicago2014
RamonsVillage15, Guest Relations Manager at Ramon's Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Sounds like a great time. We are really glad you enjoyed yourselves and appreciate the great review. Next time you might want to try one of our deluxe rooms or a suite for your family of four. But for sure bring the kids. They love Belize.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Pluses: Ramon's is located right on the beach, but close enough to easily walk to the commercial area in San Pedro. The buildings and landscaping are very attractive, and there are great lounge chairs and hammocks. They also have a nice swimming dock, and they keep the beach very clean.

Minuses: The room was very stuffy. There's one door and no windows, so it's impossible to get any cross ventilation, a real pity because the ocean breeze was beautiful. At night, you have to close and lock the door for security, so all fresh air is cut off. Also, no ceiling fan, which is surprising in the tropics. No doubt there are times when the ac is appreciated, but the temps were 75-82 during our visit, and we wanted to let the breeze in!
The food at Pineapples is fine, but not special, and we were much happier with nearby restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

We are glad to know you found the location convenient and the grounds attractive. As they say there is a reason for everything, Our original cabanas do have ceiling fans and they had windows for cross ventilation as well. However, our guests would open the window to get some fresh air without turning off the AC. When it is warmer our first instinct is to turn on the fan to stir the air but in the cabanas it actually has the opposite effect as it draws the warm air down into the room. So when we built our newer rooms we opted to leave out the windows and fans. Which seems to work pretty well for most of our guests.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I walked to all the dive operations on this strip. I had already chosen a friendly dive shop, but chose to walk to Ramon’s to check them out. At first glance, I was severely disappointed that I had already agreed to dive with another shop. The boats and facilities at Ramon’s looks amazing. I thought about canceling my dives with the other shop. I walked up to the window and these people were less than friendly. I tried to engage in conversation with the people behind the desk, but I only received 1 word answers. I walked away satisfied that I had chosen another dive shop. It was too long of a flight and too much money to feel as if I were a burden because I wanted to go diving with their shop. May be the best dive shop in Belize, I don’t know. But as far as first impressions, they scored dead last among the 4 shops I visited today. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

2  Thank Clayton R

Please accept our apology. I am not sure who was at the window when you stopped by but this is not our normal greeting. You are right that there is only one first impression. Obviously we dropped the ball and we apologize for it.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The amenities at Ramon’s were great. Beautiful beach, good food, great smoothie/coffee bar! Nice dive shop for all your scuba and snorkeling needs. FYI - they only serve beer and wine which I found a little strange. Also, wish we could have got a room on the beach but they where sold out so we stayed across the street which was a little loud. The room was fine, nothing special.

Room Tip: Stay at the Ramon’s Village rooms vs. The Belizean Princess, their sister property across the street. Nicer and quieter.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

We are glad you had a great time. This time of year gets a bit busy so best to book well in advance. Our project for this year is to make those rooms across the street something special. You'll have to come back again to check it out.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I checked out the 4 biggest dive shops and Ramon’s Dive shop was the best. Best dive gear, newest boats, and guides who actually took diving seriously. I’ve been to several places overseas that don’t ask for certs, equipment is old, and guides are not paying attention. Not so at Ramon’s, Rick runs a tight ship and takes diving seriously, especially when diving to 130 ft at the Blue Hole. Good pre dive briefs and no surprises. You won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much. Rick Sutherland has been managing Ramon's Village Divers for close to 30 years now. He has put together a great group of guys and a great fleet of boats. Hope to see you back soon.