Loved my stay here! The grounds are gorgeous with a great swimming pool, although I didn't use it much because hanging by the ocean was even better. The pier with lounge chairs is the perfect spot to relax all day and was the highlight of my stay. The staff will bring you drinks and snacks and were really good about always checking to make sure I had what I needed.
The food was delicious as well, and the bar area is a fun spot to hang out after a day in the sun.
Matachica is a little outside of town, but was worth it to me as it was nice to be out of the hustle and bustle, but with the option to go into town when you'd like.
Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro