We had a wonderful trip at the beginning of September at Matachica. The most outstanding characteristic is the wait staff. Edwin, Archie, Adam, Jose, Gilbert, and Alfrid all made our trip great. The facilities are very nice with great air conditioning in the rooms. The staff continually works to make sure that the beach is clear of any seagrass that may float up. The food in Mambo is great. There best choices are the fresh items that are harvested locally. I would think twice about the pasta choice unless it featured fresh seafood. Before settling on Matachica, you should understand that this is a very laid back environment. You are wasting your suitcase space if you pack lots of dress up shoes and clothes. There are not any televisions. I was surprised how much I missed that but it left a surprising amount of time to read and relax. The resort has kayaks, paddleboats and snokel equipment which are complimentary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro