This is an incredible resort to stay in Ambergris Caye. The individual Mayan huts were immaculate. It was more private than staying in a hotel yet you always will feel that the awesome staff is right there whenever you need ANYTHING. They provide very incredible service - they will make any plans for you, call water taxis, (you will never carry your luggage from the moment you get off the plane in Belize City until you return to Belize City!) arrange air transport or ferry transport to and from Ambergris anytime you need it! The grounds and pool are like living in an eternal post card. This place is beautiful! We really enjoyed the incredible food and drinks from the restaurant and bar.! kayaks, peddle boats, snorkeling equipment and stand-up boards are available right there for you and we used them anytime we wanted- there was always enough there. LOVED all the super friendly staff especially Archie there were others but I can't remember their names - however every single person we encountered was wonderful. The internet works great in the common area- just what I prefer to keep in touch at home and then forget about the rat race back home awhile! It's a bit (10 minute boat taxi ride) from downtown San Pedro but we loved that it was so peaceful and serene and we enjoyed the boat taxi rides over the turquoise waters as one of our highlights of our trip! You will love it, no worries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro