My husband and I did a lot of research on hotels in Belize so that we could relax and enjoy our honeymoon once we arrived. What really attracted us to Matachica was not just the beautiful beachfront bungalows, but the adults-only label...so worth it!
Communication was very smooth in the months leading up to our trip. Thank you to all of the booking staff - very helpful! We were picked up from the airport in San Pedro and quickly ushered onto their private boat for the 15 minute ride to the resort. The best part: they pre-ordered drinks so that when we arrived, cold cocktails were waiting for us. Highly recommend the coconut mojito!
We booked the deluxe beachfront casita, which was actually nicer in person than the pictures. The room was large, the bed comfortable, and the shower had the best water pressure of any of the three hotels we stayed at during our two weeks in Belize. My favorite part was the hammock on the front porch - perfect for early mornings and late evenings watching the ocean.
Our other two favorite parts of this hotel: the pier and staff. I have to mention the pier because it has these large, round couches that are perfect for lounging all day. When we got too hot, we just went to the end and jumped off! You can't really walk into the ocean from the beach due to the sea grass, but the pier totally made up for it. As for the staff, they were an absolute delight. We want to give a shout-out to Gilly, Godwin, Archy, Adam, JC, Robin, and all of the others who made sure we always had a drink in hand throughout our four days with them. Oh, and the food is good, too :)
The only reason we're giving this hotel a 4-star rather than a 5-star review is because we had to move rooms one night due to a broken AC unit. While management did fix it the next day, it was a little frustrating to return at 9 pm to a hot room - especially because this is not a cheap resort.
Other than that small annoyance, our experience was pretty near perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro