Reviews (1 065)
1 065 results
All reviewsbeachfront casitajade spaour honeymoonview suitegaia riverlodgeambergris cayewater taxifishpaddle boatsmosquito nettingcoconut mojitosea breezerojo barturn down serviceshark ray alleythatched roofsnorkeling gear
108 - 113 of 1 065 reviews
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

When scouting places to stay in San Pedro, I happened upon the Matachica resort. For me, even the cheapest room here is out of our price range, however, after reading all the the reviews we booked it anyway, and I'm glad we did. The staff that work here are simply amazing, not enough can be said about their efforts to accommodate and really make you feel welcome. Eric is wonderful and so helpful with any activity you want to do, the front desk is super helpful and really so nice. The resort itself is so peaceful and relaxing whether you are sitting on the water or by the pool, it's always an experience of serenity. Our rooms were always tidied and made ready for evening or day time. We just left, and are already looking forward to an opportunity to return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Voyage587583
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Well, it has been just over a week since we stayed at Matachica in celebration of pit 20th anniversary. There are no words to describe our amazing stay. We booked the short Caribbean getaway package (and added on a day). It was absolutely perfect! They provided everything from boat transportation to the resort to nightly turndown service. We relaxed and played and made wonderful memories. The resort is exactly as described on the website - absolutely perfect.

Everyone took such good care of us and attended to our every need and the crazy thing is we never felt intruded upon. Our room was perfect. And yes, upgrade to the beachfront. You won't regret it. We awoke to the sun rising over beautiful turquoise waters every day. We relaxed on our loungers and in the hammock. The constant breeze was refreshing. We took kayaks out and snorkeled at the reef. It was absolutely beautiful. We also took the Hol Chan snorkel trip and snorkeled at shark ray alley. It was so awesome! You must make time to do that. My husband went on a reef fishing trip and even though he didn't catch a ton, it was a lot of fun and the Chef cooked his catch! Speaking of the chef - so gifted. Every meal we had that their on site restaurant, Mambo, was delicious. There were many choices and we always left stuffed. Mambo must be well known on the island because there were always people dining that were not staying on the property. We ate lobster almost everyday! Another must do - visit the Jade Spa. By far the best massage and facial I have ever had! Really!!

Matachica is an intimate place offering amazing service and amenities. Many times we felt as though we were the only ones there as there was such seclusion. I cannot wait to return. When you need a getaway, I highly recommend Matachica. You won't regret it and you won't even miss the TVs.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Like many of you, we spent a lot of long nights trying to decide where to spend our week. Decided on one, then 2nd guessed ourselves...then on another, then back. We couldn't find that traditional Mexico style boutique we always enjoy in many other beach destinations. All of the other hotels (highly ranked) just seemed dated and stale. We finally located Matachica and thought it looked exactly what we were wanting, and the reviews confirmed it. Done.

Stayed a week and could've stayed another...easily. Staff does become family. From boat operators to housekeeping to bartenders to wait staff. They're all on the same page.

Room was perfect. Food was outstanding. Pool was quiet. Pier lounging was quiet.

We took our own speaker and the pier and pool had access to wifi which was nice for our own music.

Not sure what else to say that hasn't been said already. This place gets it and we will be back.

Feel free to ping me if you have any questions.

1  Thank travisodee
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Had a fantastic time at Matachica, the place is so peaceful, food is excellent, staff are attentive and the hotel is beautiful. My favourite place was sitting on the round loungers attached to the dock, was my perfect idea of relaxation.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon on the Reef and Rainforest Honeymoon package. We were completely satisfied with every part of our stay. We stayed in a beachfront casita, which was beautiful, spacious, and very comfortable. Everything was spotlessly clean and we got service twice a day. The resort and restaurant had incredible food, delicious drinks, and the best staff service I have ever experienced. The staff is kind, thorough, friendly, and incredibly helpful. This resort is excellent for couples on vacation or honeymoon. From the moment we arrived until we were taken to the airport on our last day, we were treated so well and had a beautiful honeymoon. I absolutely intend to come back to Matachica!

Room Tip: Beachfront Casitas have a private beach, hammock, and ocean view from almost every window. Absolutely worth the beachfront price!
2  Thank katequeue