Matachica Resort is an absolutely fantastic place for a quiet beach vacation. The accommodations are elegant but still give you a private/rustic Caribbean “feel”, the grounds are maintained meticulously, and the restaurant is excellent. Those three things are probably not the most notable elements if you can believe it. The front desk makes your stay almost maintenance free. They manage your transfers, pick you up at the airport, etc. All the various excursions/trips are listed with water taxi schedules, prices, etc. right up front and the front desk will book everything for you. Next, and this is a sensitive thing to point out to some, but if you’re looking for a true adult style “recharge” then we would like to mention that kids aren’t allowed. Don’t get me wrong, we love our kids and some may find the following “harsh” but sometimes you just need a few days of peace and quiet after years of non-stop family administration. Matachica underwrites this in spades. Finally, and I think an often underappreciated point, is their tipping policy. They add 15% at the end and you can dial it up a bit at your discretion (we sure did). Not once did I feel as if the staff were constantly “in my pocket”. This is nice and removes an expensive and awkward element that usually comes with most "resort" vacations in my experience.
Having a quiet coffee on the pier while watching the sting rays below, or walking the beach listening to the waves is a great way to wake up. Spend your day snorkeling, touring Mayan ruins, take a jungle tour, or just lounge by the beach/water and maybe start cocktails earlier than you’d ever practically consider in “real life”. Quiet dinner overlooking the ocean in the evening, go on another walk, read a book, whatever. If this is what you’re looking for, we would highly recommend Matachica.
Bottom line, we fully expect to go back and go back for longer than the 4 days we had this go around. Top notch views, facilities, and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro