“The BEST Lobster Mac n Cheese!”
Review of Elvi's Kitchen

Elvi's Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 215 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We made a quick lunch stop and Elvi's. The host found us a table under a large fan since I was suffering from the Belizean heat! Had a lovely fresh salad and rich delicious lobster mac n cheese. Now I am craving that dish!

ElvisKitchen, Manager at Elvi's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We will be thrilled to welcome you again!
“Where Something Good Is Always Cooking!”

Write a ReviewReviews (3 357)

33 - 37 of 3 358 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been eating at Elvi's for years and we have always had good service and food. Elvi's is always on our list of restaurants to eat at while in Belize. I absolutely love their conch fritters...amazing and the presentation is awesome too! A "must have" if you go there. Fun ambiance with the sand floors, local artwork displayed on the walls (for purchase), and they usually have live music. Excellent service and food. We will be back again and again.

Thank you for your wonderful review, looking forward to your next visit.
Tropical Greeting from all of us at Elvi’s Kitchen! “Where Something Good Is Always Cooking!”

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fun and low key island vibe. Locals favorite, nice & friendly people. Lovely and fresh seafood with tasty drink offerings.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It doesn't happen often, but I felt misled by the reviews for this restaurant this time. They went on and on about how this is "the best restaurant on the island" and "it's so dang good." Don't get me wrong, the food was good; it was just NOT amazing and the relatively high price tag was not justified.

First, the drinks. We each got a frozen Margarita. They were excellent, no funny ingredients and plenty of tequila in them.

We started out with the street corn and ceviche. For US $5, you get one ear of grilled corn on the cob sitting in a tasty sauce and topped with a bit of cheese. Okay, fair enough on this one since the price was clearly listed, Not so much with the ceviche: there is no price on the menu (market price is the assumption) and I was quite surprised to see US$18 for it on the bill - for an appetizer. We did not like the conch, it is too chewy for a ceviche, at least it was in this one.

My husband went on to order the mango barbeque chicken tacos, which he said were very good. I ordered two more appetizers for my meal: the fish empanadas and the "crab lovers." The fish empanadas were very plain - I ended up asking for more of the sauces that were served with my husband's tacos to liven them up a bit. And the crab lovers? The menu described that the dish has fried avocado topped with fresh crab salad. I was served two pieces of fried avocado that were perhaps a third of an avocado each, topped with a tablespoon (at most) of finely minced crab salad and a spoonful of a tasty mixed vegetable salad in the middle. Y'all, this tiny offering cost US$11!

But wait, we could not be done yet because the Trip Advisors said that the Key Lime pie was so great that you could not leave without it. Sadly, this was not the case. It was good, but it was still a bit frozen, not served at the optimal temperature of chilled but not frozen.

The service was excellent.

You can have a nice meal at this restaurant and go home satisfied, there is no question. In our case, the US$100 price tag, extremely high for Belize, was just not worth it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing and delicious food. The black bean dip was amazing. We visited here on the Belize food tour.