1.The people here (in the complex as well as Belizeans in general) are some of the friendliest we've seen anywhere.
2.if you want pristine beaches, go to Cuba. That said, the swimming off the dock is excellent and the water is almost bathtub warm.
3.The pool is great, very well maintained, and lots of beach chairs available.
4.There is a large palapa between the pool and the beach which serves as the gathering spot for an afternoon beer and conversation, and maybe a board game or two.
5. You can snorkle right off the dock and see a myriad of sea life from lobsters to sting rays to multi coloured fish. And you don't need a license to fish.
6. It is advisable to bring your favorite spices for cooking as we found nothing in our unit; no salt, pepper, or anything else. All this is available in stores, but why buy a pound of salt and leave 99% behind when you leave. There is no oven, just a 4 burner stove and microwave, as well as toaster, blender, 16cuft fridge with top freezer, all the pots and pans, cutlery, and dishes you'll need.
7. There are bicycles provided free, just ask Roger, the maintenance fellow and he will unlock one for you. The resort is 2-1/2 miles from the center of town so a bike will come in handy.
8.Wifi is free with certain restrictions. Skype is blocked (Belize wide) as well as a number of other services like video streaming. Email works well. Internet radio also works well.
9. Beer and rum are cheap, groceries are readiy available but expensive. A bottle of scotch can run from $60US and up. Wine starts at $20US a bottle and the sky is the limit.
10. If you can avoid unit #1, do so. The condo itself is great, one bedroom with queen bed, great air conditioner in the bedroom, nice bathroom with shower, and very serviceable kitchen and living room, cable tv in living room, no tv in bedroom. The reasons to avoid #1
a. right beside the bedroom is the maintenance shed, and there is frequently noise from the maintenance people working. Hard to have an afternoon nap, and they start work at 7AM.
b. Also behind the bedroom are two large dogs in the neighbour's yard that bark all night and get other dogs in the neighbourhood involved. The dog owners don't seem to care. Few nights were we able to sleep through, and by 5AM you'll definitely be awake from the barking. The dogs seem to sleep all day to get ready for the next night.
c. Wifi in unit #1 is extremely weak and intermittent, but if you go to the palapa you'll get a good signal.
|Check-in / front desk||Service|