“Couldn't have chosen a better place!!”
private beach beach area
bedroom 1
Beach
view to the beach
ocean view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Larry D
Burleson, Texas
“Couldn't have chosen a better place!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

This was our 1st trip to Belize, so we did a lot of research and felt we had chosen the right place for us. You just never know until you get there. let me start by saying that Wolfgang was so helpful. I had many questions, he responded promptly every time and usually with more information than I had asked for.
So, upon arrival we were met at the dock by Cookie (the house dog) and the groundskeeper, Eldon. The house is very well kept, has everything you need in the kitchen. It only took walking in the door to know we made the right decision on this place. The house is south of town in a very quiet area. I emailed Wolfgang and asked if he could assist me with securing a golf cart for the week. We had a golf cart at the house when we arrived.
Eldon was always there to help in any way.
Cookie, if you don't Love dogs when you get there, you will. Cookie spent several nights with us and appears in about 75% of our photos we took. Not complaining though.
If you want peace and quiet, but not too far from town, Casa Villa Buena Vista is the place. I can't thank Wolfgang and his staff enough for feeling so welcome. We will definitely be returning.

Liked best: The entire experience
Dave W
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 17 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Case Buena Vista was fantastic! The location is great if you want to get away from the crowd but close enough to town to be convenient with a golf cart (5 minutes). The property is well kept and fairly private. Great location for taking a quite walk, laying in the sun, or taking a swim.

Wolfgang (owner) lives on the top floor and greets you when you arrive. Listen to him about where to get groceries and where to eat! Eldon takes care of any issue around the Casa, connects you with locals, and is great to talk with. They also have a lady (Marta, I think) who keeps everything spotless and does your laundry. Also nice to talk with. Then, there is Cookie the dog. He's a laid back Lab that likes to hang out with you. Cookie is like having an old friend around. He keeps an eye out for you but stays out of your way.

Like many of the guests, we will stay here again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was great!
Liked least: Leaving.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Risa B
Saint Louis, Missouri
“It was everything we expected and more!”
Reviewed 6 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

From the moment we reserved Villa Casa Buena Vista, the experience was great. Wolfgang (the owner of the property) contacted me to find out if we had any questions and to find out our flight information so they could be ready for us when we arrived. He arranged our flight from Belize City to San Pedro, our golf cart rental for the week, and suggested a place for my kids to complete their diving certification on the island.

When we arrived we were greeted by Eldon (groundskeeper and more) and then Wolfgang came down to meet us and brought us a map and told us about some places he recommended. We were also greeted with delicious fresh bread from the Baker (we made several visits there during our stay) and a huge jug of freshly squeezed OJ. Eldon went with us to show us where the closest market was so we could get a few staples. The kitchen in the condo was very well appointed. It actually looked just like the photos!

Our time in Belize was amazing, we would get picked up to go diving, snorkeling or fishing off the dock right outside our place. We had a beautiful private beach area with plenty of lounge chairs. Right outside our door was amazing snorkeling. Best of all, was having the resident dogs to keep us company. Cookie hung out with us at the beach, would greet us when we came off the dock with a wagging tail. He has such good manners, he would wait outside our door (even when it was open) until we invited him in. He really made it feel like home!

Our stay in Belize was everything we hoped it would be. Villa Casa Buena Vista was the perfect place for my family of 4. (two teenage boys) The condo was very clean and in very good condition. Wolfgang, Eldon and Merta (housekeeper) made us feel so welcome.
We can't wait to get back there!!!!

Travelling group: Teenagers
Pete S
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 8 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Great quiet place to stay. Staff is extremely helpful, place is clean and as advertised. Would recommend it to anybody in the future

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
hereyag0
Magnolia, Texas
“I would definitely go back.”
Reviewed 21 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

First, let me say I gave it 4 stars because if someone has never been to Ambergris Caye, Belize, I wanted them to know the island itself prevents anything from being a true 5 star resort as for as I'm concerned. I loved our experience at Wolfgang's home. I would say the house is more like a "bed and breakfast" without the breakfast, and this is exactly what we wanted. I actually had been in the house before I ever rented it so I knew what we were getting and was not disappointed. There is just nothing like this lovely island which is changing quickly. If you happen to read about all the new places on the north end of the island, I'll just say I still prefer the south end for the traditional island experience. Thanks for a wonderful 5 days.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing