“Delish, Delisher, Deliciousest”

Ranked #24 of 223 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Latin, Central American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Red Ginger is located at The Phoenix Resort on Ambergris Caye, Belize. We serve fresh tropical cuisine in an elegant air conditioned indoor setting, outside in our garden patio, or at our Upstairs rooftop lounge. We are open for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. We offer specials every night of the week. We would love to have you eat with us.
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We've eaten here a number of times and I have no idea why I have never bothered to write a review. I suppose it's because it was normally a once a year, special occasion sort of meal. But our meal a couple of nights ago was so wonderful and our experience so outstanding, that I felt it was about time I wrote something.

First of all, the people who own the restaurant are wonderful. They are incredibly generous to the local community. That said, if the restaurant isn't wonderful, they can't really contribute much. Well, luckily it is and it's getting even better.

This week, they had a guest chef from one of their sister restaurants in the kitchen, producing a very special menu. I should add that as the owners also run one of the best wine shops in town, their wine list is fantastic. As if that weren't enough, on certain days, they offer 2 for 1 on bottles of wine. Thankfully, this was one of those evening.

We had the seared albacore tuna sashimi with yuzu tobiko, wasabi foam, Japanese plum powder and a passion fruit gastrique as an appetizer. Yes, it's as good as it sounds. For my entree, I had local shrimp, bay scallops and spiny lobster tossed with housemade pasta in a tomato brandy cream sauce with shaved parmesan. That home made pasta is outrageously good and the seafood was generous. The whole thing was generous, in fact, and I ended up taking some home with me.

My partner had the jalapeno sausage crusted snook filet on dirty rice with a creole spiced crab buerre fondue, which she was worried would be a little bit too spicy for her, but it seems the home made sausage they crusted the fish with was balanced perfectly with the peppers to give it a mild bite and lovely flavour but not much heat.

The hostess and staff were friendly, charming and extremely efficient. We had a great night. If they continue doing specials like this, we'll be visiting far more often then for annual special treats.

Excited to see their next chef's menu.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of the few restaurants with A/C, but that’s not the reason to go. Well prepared food at decent prices and the have half price wine nights.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

The restaurant is very modern looking and food very imaginative and we enjoyed both entrees. They have a daily special. Service was great. If the price was just a bit higher than other restaurants, the value was much greater. On the other hand, it's not on the beach, in the heat (air conditioning) so if you want the funky, mis-matched Belizean style this is not that sort of place. The buttons, Mid Range and Fine Dining, should really both be pressed, the former for price and the latter for quality.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

The breakfast, lunch and dinner were amazing! It was never too crowded, the food was fresh, and the service was impeccable!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Went here for our 40th anniversary dinner and glad we did. We had the place to ourselves for about an hour before other guests arrived. The musician, Terrel Codoy, was fantastic and entertained us all night long. The food was superb, reasonably priced, delivered quickly, obviously chef quality and the service was excellent. They treated us to a dessert for our anniversary and made the night very enjoyable. We told a lot of people to go here and why.