“Beautiful House but with a few Drawbacks”
other travellers have booked this property
Best Walk in Beach at a Rental House in Belize. Sunset Perfect on the Beach at Villa Mandevilla
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Best Walk in Beach at a Rental House in Belize.
Sunset Perfect on the Beach at Villa Mandevilla
2 Free Paddle Boards and 2 Free Kayaks for your use!
Pool Perfect.
Dining Room, Living Room and Grand Stairway
Zig Zag Room Indoor and Outdoor Shower, Large private bath on the first floor
Chechem Room with king bed, Indoor and outdoor shower large bathroom ground floo
Kids room can be one of two ways configured with bunk beds or without.   Queen Bed Shown
Private Pool at Villa Mandevilla
Villa Mandevilla from the Ocean.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Nissy559
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautiful House but with a few Drawbacks”
Reviewed 13 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

So I booked this property for me and 11 other friends to celebrate my birthday. Now the house is BEAUTIFUL. I mean, the rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are very clean and beds comfortable! German who is the caretaker is fantastic. The only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars was due to a few issues:

1) No hot water in the owner's suite. I didn't stay in there but my guests said there was no hot water the entire week we stayed there.
2) Low water pressure in the jack & jill bathroom which was the shared bathroom. Those guests said the water pressure was a trickle.
3) Quality of beach. Really, the beach behind the house is for visual effect only. It's like quicksand and not the ideal Belize beach that you see in the pictures. No one really played in the water. A few people tried the paddle boarding though.
4) Location, location, location: While a beautiful property, the house is quite a ways away from town. And the last half is all on dirt roads which make for a very bumpy and dusty trip. It takes over a half hour to get down when you include navigation of all the potholes in the road (not 15-20 minutes as I was told). However, I hear the road is to be paved within the next few months so that will make a huge difference. They are also still building out that way too so I think it will be more convenient to stay there in the upcoming future. (i.e. more restaurants, stores)

With all that said though, we had a fantastic time and everyone really did enjoy the house. There was plenty of space for everybody and it never felt crowded at all. The views are fantastic too.

One suggestion would be to put some citronella or mosquito repellent as a permanent fixture around the pool area. The bugs were something fierce! Also, finishing that rooftop patio would be nice too! There are so many things you could do with that space up there. Lastly, put an AC unit in the upstairs common area. We didn't really use it because it stayed so hot. We had to always keep our bedroom doors closed to make sure the rooms stayed cool. Lastly, please know that pretty much all of the rooms have King beds so we had to pair up and share beds even though we were all single people. I mean, luckily it worked out and 2 of the fellas shared the kids room which is the only room with separate beds and the other 2 guys shared a King, but they were cousins. The last guy took the sofa bed in the master suite. It could have been a problem though if more guys came along.

While Patrick is a very nice guy, I did not receive detailed logistics information from him up front so a few things were surprises because I was not informed prior to arrival. For example, they will change the towels out, but at a cost of $20 per basket. Also the pricing for meals. I only knew this beforehand because I read other reviews and saw all of the other listings for Villa Mandevilla. So just be sure to be aware of everything up front prior to arrival so expectations are level set accordingly.

However, we truly had a great time and really did enjoy the house.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Steve Mel...
Bailey, Colorado
“Enjoyed!”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Researched and found reviews on several sites. Mostly positive, awesome pictures, great time. A little rough around the edges, wonderful people... showed us a good time. Took good care of us. Perfect for my expectations. One sore point. It took 6 wks and us contacting the host several times to get our deposit back.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing