“The best place in Belize”
Main Building, dining on the left, 2 room suite on the right, upstairs two more ocean view rooms.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 9
Ambergris Caye, Belize Cayes

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Gabriel M
“The best place in Belize”
Reviewed 9 May 2019 for a stay in April 2019

North beach Retreat, is a place away from the town about 30 mins in the golf carts, but if you want a place to get, feel at home and rest, I recommend it a lot, Sam and Kristin are the best hosts I've had on my holidays, they manage to make you feel at home and also allow you with their facilities and their kitchen that is highly recommended (both cook). The facilities are very comfortable I recommend the white house on the seashore, Sam, Kristin and Manu, make your stay the best in the place. I recommend the dinners that they will announce with the best prices of the place and especially the best seasoning! Definitely it is a place where I will return they make you feel at home, Never miss mine! It is important that you speak English and if you do not speak Kristin will do the impossible to communicate with them, Thanks to lot Sam Kristin and Mani! Lov U

Date of stay: April 2019
Your age range 35-49
Management Response
9 May 2019
Thank you so much Gabriel- we really enjoyed having you all here. It was so nice to get to know you and Alma a bit more too. I hope we see you all again one day. You were such wonderful guests ! All the best- Kristin and Sam
ambere019
“Relaxation Guaranteed”
Reviewed 8 May 2019 for a stay in April 2019

I had the most relaxing time at North Beach Retreat. I chose North Beach for our family vacation and it was perfect. We connected to each other, soaked in the beach and beauty and enjoyed the island. If you want to relax, have fun and experience Belize then book this place.

Date of stay: April 2019
Dre C
Moose Pass, Alaska
“Outstanding Hospitality and Laid Back Island Charm”
Reviewed 2 April 2019 for a stay in January 2019

What a gem! My fiance and I were absolutely thrilled with our experience at North Beach Retreat. This is the idea spot if you want a relaxed, off-the-beaten-path experience without sacrificing the luxury and amenities of a large resort. We stayed in the treehouse, which is mere yards from the ocean. It's sparkling clean, and has incredible, unobstructed views in all directions; the wrap around deck is an ideal spot to watch sunrise and sunset. Inside the treehouse is a fridge stocked with fresh, chilled drinking water, a super comfy bed, and floor-to-ceiling windows that provide spectacular ocean views.

The unique set up of North Beach Retreat allowed us to have all the privacy you'd want on a romantic getaway, but also an opportunity to meet new friends, enjoy phenomenal family style meals, and participate in group activities (ask Sam and Kristin about night snorkeling and if you get the chance, do it!!!!).

We really loved that North Beach Retreat was away from the hustle and bustle of San Pedro and the big resorts and spent a few wonderfully relaxing days hanging out there, using the on site kayaks to paddle out to the reef, taking advantage of the hammocks, and enjoying the views and ocean breeze on the front porch. On New Year's Eve, we had a bonfire on the beach with Sam, Kristin, Manny, and the rest of the guest...what a treat! When we did want to go explore, Sam enthusiastically gave us recommendations, made phone calls to help us set up adventures, and sent us on our way.

During our entire stay, Sam, Kristin, and Manny (groundskeeper and lobster hunter extraordinaire), worked tirelessly to attend to every detail of our time at North Beach. They got up before dawn to make sure we had breakfast before we left for the day and had chips, salsa, and beer waiting when we returned for the evening. We didn't end up going out for dinner nearly as much as we expected to because Sam and Kristin made some of the best food we had on the entire trip (which is really saying something), so most days we made a point to be back for dinner. One night, Kristin even made us a special dessert to celebrate our recent engagement.

We absolutely cannot wait to go back to North Beach Retreat, and can't imagine staying anywhere else on future trips to Belize.

Date of stay: January 2019
Management Response
10 May 2019
Thanks Dre- we loved having you and Caleb come visit. Hope you will return again some day!!!
Jeff P
“Marvelous place to stay!”
Reviewed 22 March 2019 for a stay in January 2019
person found this review helpful

I can't say enough good things about North Beach Retreat. My stay in the beachfront cabana was wonderful--the room was beautifully decorated, the bed and linens were very comfortable, and the view of the water from my wall of windows was glorious. Kristin and Sam were attentive and knowledgable hosts, and helped arrange two excursions for me. The breakfasts were amazing, and having a nightly option for dinner was both a convenience and a luxury--the food was exceptional and prepared from scratch with many local and organic ingredients. I felt very well taken care of! I also appreciated the small gestures extended by Kristin and Sam, such as fresh flowers in my cabana, the bon fire that they arranged on the beach one evening, the use of kayaks and bikes as desired, the hot tea that Kristin offered on my way to swing in the hammock after dark, and the wonderful cake they spontaneously made to celebrate guests' recent engagements and birthdays. The relaxed vibe, beautiful beachfront property, excellent cuisine, attentive hosts, and wonderful room equate to North Beach Retreat earning a permanent place in my future travel plans.

Date of stay: January 2019
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.