“Close to where I live”

Yums
Ranked #33 of 44 Restaurants in Avon Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The best thing about this place is that it’s nearby, otherwise I would go somewhere else. I’ve never had any luck trying to call in an order, because I don’t speak Chinese and they don’t speak English. I had a long wait for a lunchtime special order of sesame chicken. I was the only customer in the place at 1:30pm. However, that did not appear to speed things up. In their favor, the food was good and plenty of it. No credit or debit cards taken unless your order is ten dollars or more. Thank goodness I had some cash on me or I’d still be over there helping mama San wash dishes.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We stop in here for lunch about every 6 weeks or so. The food is excellent, the portions are large, and the prices are very reasonable. We always eat in the place although it is apparent that the majority of customers are for takeout.
If you choose to eat in the restaurant then you need to be aware that you will be served your order as if it were for takeout - in disposable containers and with plastic utensils that you need to fetch for yourself at the drink dispensing station.
The food is invariably excellent but you need to try several items to establish what best pleases you - then stick with that selection.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

It is a family owned and run business with mama san and even the two boys helping out but it seems as though their English is limited other then yes or no or they just refuse to speak English and have no outward communication skills .. The interior lacks any charm other then the dirty windows, and the exterior is littered with papers and blowing debris.. My wife and I have eaten their food many times over the years and were mostly satisfied with the quality, however they charge for every item change .. We mostly order Crab Rangoon's ($4.25 ), Generals Tso's all white meat chicken( $6.75 ) and occasionally the Hot and Sour soup( $2.25 ) but we always bring it home to eat, since it is cleaner at home then it appears to be there but it looks like you receive larger portions if you eat in..

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Good vegetarian options. Some days the food is fantastic, other times just ok. Worth it for the good days!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Watch out when you use your card. They will try to skim a couple of bucks from your card on the tip line