“Fun”

Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in Anna Maria
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sandbar Restaurant, located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, has for decades been a favorite for locals. Dine with your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand on our waterfront deck or enjoy our inside dining room. We offer gulf to table, farm to fork, and pasture to plate sustainable menu items. Our menus reflect our commitment to serving our guests the best in local and sustainable seafood, produce, and land fare. The Sandbar is the most popular place on Anna Maria Island for beach weddings and sunset receptions. The award winning venue is perfect for intimate gatherings to elaborate affairs, especially weddings.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very busy. No reservations. Sat outside. Cobia was fantastic. Kids pizza was good comes with ice cream sandwich. Cheesy grits were outta this world. Fun on the beach at sunset. You can also take the monkey bus there.

1  Thank Shelley A
Guest S, General Manager at Sandbar Reaturant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Shelley,
Thank you for the visit. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that the meal was memorable for you and your family.
Doug Sullivan, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4 276)

47 - 51 of 4 276 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Sandbar Restaurant was the best last night and our waitress Mary Beth was the best ever. We had a group of 10 for dinner in honor my 5 year old granddaughter. She came to Anna Maria last year during her birthday week. She remembered the Sandbar and requested to eat there this year for her birthday. The food was awesome. The stuffed shrimp was outstanding. Our waitress Mary Beth was awesome. We never wanted for anything. I believe this will be an annual road trip for our whole family.

1  Thank samdrasamssmith

Thank you for making the Sandbar a part of your family vacation memories. I am so glad that your granddaughter enjoyed her visit so much last year that we became a planned destination for this year. I am glad that Mary Beth was able to make your evening extra special.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are a family of 10 so it is not always easy to take care of us. Mary Beth took care of us this evening and took time to learn names, bring out dessert for our birthday girl, extend her knowledge of the menu, keep our drinks full, and just generally give us genuine exceptional service. Everyone was pleased with their meal but everyone was over the moon for Mary Beth.

1  Thank missmolly061116

Molly,
Thank you so much for the visit and I am glad to hear that Mary Beth took care of your family. She is pretty awesome and we are lucky to have her.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While waiting for our table, we enjoyed visiting on the beach with the cousins we were visiting. I really enjoyed the stuffed shrimp and my wife had her favorite, clam chowder. Florida just doesn't seem like the place for Clam Chowder, but she says it was pretty good. Its a little tough getting inn and getting a seat in the dinner hour, but the lengthy wait is easily overcome with a little walk on on the beach right at the back of the restaurant. This place is a little off the beaten track, but everyone seems capable of finding it! And, it is worth the extra effort.

1  Thank bigm00se

Thank you for the visit and I am glad that you were able to pass the time on the beach while waiting for your table. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal with us and that the wait didn't deter you from having a great time. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was a little disappointed with our food. I would think 6 small shrimp should be called an appetizer and not a lunch item. $$$ to expensive for the quality of food. Husband ordered a grouper sandwich, when the server brought it out, my husband said "is that grouper?", the server said "I am not sure it doesnt look like it does it, I thought the same thing when I picked it up." Well if that is the case why not ask before bringing it out. Manager or someone, came by and asked my hubby if there was something wrong, and he said yes, this tastes and looks like mullet. He then said you are correct it does not look like grouper, let me get you another one. Which he did, but really.....poor quality of food.

Darlene,
I am so sorry for the mix up on your meal. I am glad that we were able to correct it, but your server should have been able to correct that before it even got to your table as mullet and grouper should not be confused for each other.