“Sort of disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This restaurant was recommended by a friend (who was there last year). I found the look of it sort of cobbled together (outside, inside, downstairs), with just-an-average dinner (short ribs) disappointing and all extremely expensive for what it was!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had an excellent dinner last week at Ellina. Definitely need reservations and we arrived early and got good seats dining on the sidewalk. Nice menu and had nice reviews in Trip Advisor. Some people say over-priced but this is Aspen. We had 2 glasses of wine, a very nice ceviche made of fresh fish, lamb chops, octopus (yum, tender but better in Houston), fettuccini, molten chocolate cake and coffee. $ 184 + tax and tip. Pretty much what we expected. Quality was excellent, service was just as good. Ask for Alyssa!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I have been visiting Aspen for the past 35 years and never visited Ellina, what a surprise, I can tell you it could be the best restaurant in Aspen..
The food was outstanding, the list of wines long, the chef innovative having the right amount of plates to choose from.
Too bad I went on my last night in Aspen, will consider visiting Ellina twice next time I am in Aspen.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We went to Ellina’s for dinner and found service to be fabulous and the food was outstanding. We liked it so much we went back the next night. This was by far the most yummest food we had had the entire trip and we were in Aspen for 4 weeks.
Fabulous service fabulous food fabulous atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Ellina is a small restaurant in a stone lined basement in the heart of Aspen. The food and service were excellent. We had a couple appetizers, a couple entrees and two glasses of good wine each and the bill was roughly $250. My only complaints: The menu is a little limited (one soup, one salad, and no special) but did have a good mix of pastas, a fish, and meat (steak and pork tenderloin). The dishes were really good with some pretty sophisticated sauces and sides. If you have kids (like mine) who are focused on chicken tenders this may be a little overkill for them. Also, the space is pretty tight and the noise level was high so if you’re hard of hearing this may not be the place. That said, I’d put this in my top five or six in Aspen and for the money it may be near the top of the list.

Been to Ellina? Share your experiences!