“Arkansas River rafting”

Aspen Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #2 of 23 Tours in Aspen
More attraction details
Owner description: Nobody does whitewater river rafting in Aspen and Snowmass better than Aspen Whitewater Rafting. Owned and operated by a professional staff that has been guiding our local rivers for more than 20 years. We offer a range of personalized, fun and safe whitewater adventures. We provide exemplary customer service to all our clients, something larger companies would be hard pressed to match. Our priorities are safety and fun, and we do our best to cater to each individual’s needs in order to create the perfect Roaring fork rafting experience. We have some of the best guides in the valley (over half are class IV/V guides), new equipment, outstanding lunches, and small group sizes, yet we offer our trips at an affordable price. Compare our Aspen rafting prices!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

They did a very good job at not only guiding us throughout that rafting experience, but they were very nice and funny, and knew the area very well. 12/10 would do again

Victoria R, Front Office Manager at Aspen Whitewater Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review, keatoncoker7! I'm happy to hear you found your guides to be nice and funny. 12/10! What a rating. Thank you for choosing AWR and we hope to see you again soon!

All reviews
"brown's canyon"
in 8 reviews
"numbers trip"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 7 reviews
"river guide"
"other companies"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had only gone wwr once before (in TN), but didn’t hv to wear a helmet or didn’t get much in the way of precautions. So when they were giving that info, it spooked me and almost changed my mind. But I didn’t. And soo happy that I didn’t! It was a blast! The guide Katie, was awesome. She was quite skillful and capable, and very sweet. I couldn’t believe how strong she was. We had a great time, I can’t wait to come back to Aspen & do it again.

Thanks for your review, e s! I'm thrilled that you weren't scared off by the safety speech - we like to cover all of our bases as far as communication goes with our guests. I'm happy to hear you found Kate to be skilled, capable, and sweet. We have lots of strong women on the AWR team! I'm thrilled to hear you had a great time even after your initial nerves and that you'll be back to Aspen to see us again. Thank you for choosing AWR!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Aspen Whitewater Rafting delivers amazing experience and service from A to Z.
From being on time at the pick-up location with a special private bus, warm and welcoming greeting, personalized care and attention, and unique and special instructors - specially QUIN and WEST that were so cool, fun, caring, and that SAFTEY was their first priority!

Me and my family went for the first time rafting on June 26, 2018. We wanted to experience something adventurous and out of the box. My wife usually get stressed and worried about this kind of activity, specially that we never did it before, and the only way we could judge such experience was through movies or online videos of rafting which looked scary.

We took the Level III class.
Throughout the whole experience we got constant reassurance and confidence from our instructor - QUIN - that was able to unify our group and maneuver our raft in a magical way through the running stream.
It was so fun, cool, inspiring that we look forward for more.

It was such a memorable experience to our family!

Chaimcohenkc, thank you for your incredible review. I'm over the moon to hear that you found AWR to be prompt and welcoming and that Wes and Quinn had safety as their first priority. Thank you for choosing to have your first rafting experience with AWR. Fractions on the Arkansas is an incredible, scenic trip and I'm happy to hear Quinn was reassuring and maneuvered the raft with expert craftsmanship. We take pride in being able to do our part to help make these memories happen for your family. Thank you for choosing to raft with us and we hope to see you and your family the next time you are in Aspen.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our family had a great time rafting.. it was a beautiful day, the team was quick, friendly and efficient. A special thank you to our guide Jammie, who made our experience even better!

Thank you for your review, JanaLittleApple. I'm happy to hear you found the AWR team to be quick, friendly, and efficient. I'm glad Jamy made your experience even better! Thanks for rafting with AWR, and we hope to see you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We've been spending a week in Aspen with my wife because of business and figured to stay for a while longer and explore the area.

We signed up for a Class III track but nobody else did so we were offered a refund or to attend a Class IV. We accepted but were really terrified because we've never done rafting before.

The moment we got on the bus with Brad, Kate and Andres we forgot all of our worries. They were fun, professional and knew exactly how to deal with us rookies.

In the boat I felt stoked but safe, Brad was turned the whole thing into a fantastic experience.

If there was an option to give 6 stars I would!

Hi David S, thank you so much for your stellar review. I'm happy to hear you decided to spend more time in Aspen and that you had the opportunity to explore and come rafting with us. Numbers on the Arkansas River is a great introductory Class IV, and I'm thrilled to hear that you felt comfortable with Brad, Kate, and Andres. Thank you for the offer for a six-star rating, we would gladly accept if we could. I will pass your compliments on to the guides, and we hope to see you the next time you are in town!