“Catalina Back country created memories of a lifetime!”

Catalina Backcountry - Your Adventure Concierge
Ranked #33 of 41 Outdoor Activities in Avalon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Catalina Backcountry specializes in delivering personalized backcountry hiking, camping, and adventure expeditions on Catalina Island in the interior from Avalon to Two Harbors and beyond! As the only permitted company approved by the Conservancy to support you in the interior, we deliver exhilarating adventure experiences each and every time. Our certified Naturalist experts have extensive knowledge of this majestic island and love showcasing it for you.
Reviewed 23 June 2015

While planning a wedding proposal on Catalina, I started to think nobody could help me create the perfect day I had envisioned... that is until I found Catalina Back country! Deanna was super supportive, and went the extra mile to help me out. I can't say enough about how perfect the weekend turned out, due largely to Deanna's assistance!

Reviewed 24 May 2015

After watching the Catalina Island Motion episode with Greg Aiello, we knew our next trip had to be Catalina Islands. After seeing him struggle for the first leg of the trip, we took his advice and contacted Catalina Backcountry and never looked back.
Deanna was very helpful, accommodating, passionate, and downright awesome. She made the planning process seamless and painless. We utilized the gear haul and dinner service for the first rugged 13 miles. Best Decision ever! 70lbs of gear hauled, check! Clay pot chicken, grilled artichoke, scalloped potatoes, bread n butter, asparagus, pistachio chocolate, chopped salad, check, check, check! Food never tasted better. Deanna and her crew did everything they could to make sure we were safe, happy, and healthy. Deanna was our Backcountry godmother. On the last day, Deanna surprised us at Parsons Landing to deliver some more of that delicious pistachio chocolate.
We highly recommend Catalina Backcountry!
Thanks for having our Back(packs)!

1  Thank VP T
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Catalina Backcountry made it extremely easy to plan a backpacking trip on the TCT. We planned for 4 days, but after some hiccups in a previous trip I had to reschedule and rework a lot of the trip-But no problem! Deanna made all of it very easy and she handled everything on her end, I never needed to stress or do anything. I would simply call or email her about whatever travel issues popped up and she was always willing to work with me. I actually missed my ferry and arrived a lot later than I would've liked, but Deanna met me when I arrived and drove me to the first campsite! Oh! Not to mention I had initial began communicating with her while I was overseas and could only reply so often- she was still excellent and provided the best service! If you are planning on doing anything outdoorsy on Catalina, be sure to give Catalina Backcountry a call!

3  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 18 September 2014

We were a party of 6 from Scottsdale with an average age in the late 50's. We hired Deanna with Catalina Backcountry to assist us with gear, meals and transportation. She was an integral part in making this trek more enjoyable. We started our trek from Hermit Gulch and she met us with tents, sleeping bags, pads, and pillows along with a gourmet dinner that consisted of main course, salad, desert and wine. The next morning she picked up the rented gear and brought us coffee at 6am. She gave us advice on which route to take as some roads/trails had damage and arranged to pick us up at the end of our trek at Parson's Landing. Because we knew ahead of time that we would be coming back through Two Harbors, we had an option of leaving packs and picking up on the return, which made the final 6.5 miles not as tough as they could have been. In addition to getting us back to Avalon, she gave us a great tour of the island. We stopped at several scenic lookouts, learned much about the islands history and present, as well as stopped by an Eagle Sanctuary where we saw a Bald and Golden Eagle.

A big thanks goes out to Deanna and her staff, as well as the chef who prepared our dinner.

If you are looking for any assistance on a backpacking or hiking trip, I highly recommend calling Catalina Backcountry.

3  Thank Cindy M