All reviews granola santa catalina each morning fresh baked bread wine and cheese jetted tub white noise machine catalina island lovely room bed and breakfast orange juice middle of town took advantage earplugs anacapa fireplace balloons
Reviewed 3 October 2018

My husband and I went to Catalina Island for our 1st wedding anniversary. Having never been there before, we relied heavily on reviews for hotels, restaurants, things to do, etc.

Based on the reviews for Snug Harbor Inn, we decided to go for it and book it. We are SO GLAD we did! It is the perfect quaint hotel. With only having 6 guest rooms, it really does allow the staff to put their personal touch on making their visitors stay that much more special. We got to the hotel about an hour before check-in, so the guest services person let us check-in and leave our luggage before the room was ready. We were able to get out and have lunch (Lobster Trap! Go try it!) and within the hour, we got a call our room was ready. We opened the door to our room to find our luggage in the room, and a bottle of champagne, balloons and a lovely "Happy Anniversary" note - so special!

They also serve breakfast! The morning staff brings breakfast in a basket to your door! They set up the table in your room with everything, and it's just the perfect way to start the day! Like I said before, just so special and personal touch!

I am an early riser, so I couldn't wait for breakfast (8.45am) to have my first coffee! Luckily, they had a Keurig set up ready to go in their Nantucket Lounge! Needless to say, I was happy :)

Furthermore, they have wine and Hors d'oeuvres every evening, and we missed one of the evenings as we were out on a tour, came back to our hotel room to find 2 glasses of wine and a plate of cheese and crackers! AMAZING!

We stayed in the "Santa Cruz" room. I believe it is the smallest of the 6, and it is quite cozy. But, nothing you can do about that! There is a night club across the walkway which was quite loud Saturday night. But, again, not the hotels fault! They do provide ear plugs to help out and a noise maker on the bedside table (Thanks for that, I used it and it helped a lot!!)

It's the perfect spot if you want to be in the center of everything. Perfect for couples - not a family hotel. There was one family that had a young child that we heard screaming one morning (only heard them that one instance), I could tell that that was not a typical occurrence.... definitely stay here as a couple only! Take your kids to a more kid friendly hotel.

The staff was awesome, the hotel was so cute and clean, all around an amazing experience! We will definitely stay here again and will recommend (already have told several people about this hotel) to others!

Thanks for a memorable experience!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018

My boyfriend and I were trying to have a nice relaxing romantic trip. Instead, we wasted our money and had a really bad experience.

We booked the romance package in the San Nicolas room, which is more expensive because of the view. The only thing that makes the romance package unique is there should be a bottle of champagne upon your arrival. We arrived around 9 am and our room was ready which was nice. The room is very small and the bathroom even smaller. The view of the main street and water is nice and we really enjoyed the fireplace. We asked the manager about our champagne and he said he would have it delivered when we returned from going out. So we went out and came back at 5 pm for the wine and hor d’oeuvres. Before this was delivered I tried to take a quick shower, but the water came out like a pathetic dribble. We had to get someone to fix it, which fortunately they were able to do quickly, but I was already not getting the luxury feel. The plate of hor d’oeuvres was pathetic. I was expecting at least brie cheese, but instead it was triangle slices of Colby jack, Swiss, and pepper jack as if they were from packages bought from the grocery store. It also included some Ritz crackers, grapes, a bowl of hummus, a bowl of nuts, some pieces of salami, and a few tomato/mozzarella skewers. Later we went out again for dinner and upon returning expected to take a bath in the “luxury deep tub”, drink our champagne, and watch a DVD that they advertised in the package as having “unlimited DVD usage”. Just after 9 pm we begin looking through the DVD options only to find they are all empty. You have to check them out, but there was no one working anymore! The front desk closed at 6. You could call their sister hotel until 9 if you needed something, but after 9 it was emergencies only. I thought we were staying at a hotel only to find out if we need anything we’re on our own. No movie for us then. Next: bath. The jetted deep tub was nice, but at one point we turned off the jets and tried to turn them back on and the button wouldn’t work and then the whole button came loose out of the tub. Definitely not feeling luxury or worth $600. Also at this time, no one ever made up or turned down our bed. The plate from wine/cheese was still in the room.

In the morning breakfast was delivered right at the time we chose, and the yogurt/granola and fresh banana bread were nice. Unfortunately the meal takes up the only table in the room and no one comes to clear it away later, and it’s not on a cart you can just roll out. We inquired about our champagne bottle again and complained about having no notice that no one would be working there after 6 pm when we were checking out at 11. The only response we got from management was that we could drink the bottle in the public lounge or take it to go. What a joke. Later the manager who we had talked to the day before and said the champagne would be in our room told us he refund us a whole $20 for the bottle if we didn’t want to take it with us.

I’m very disappointed with this experience. When you see on Google that it’s a 2 star hotel it’s not wrong.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emily T
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Oh boy,,, nothing more to say than an excellent service. Personnel are really on top of their guests,place is really neat everything’s well above my expactations... we luv the place and no doubt we’ll stay here again and again for the next vaca. and for sure we’ll share it to our friends...
Another plus was the concet that was held on that Saturday just right down on iur window...
Luv the place.......EXCELLENT!!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

My husband booked the Romance package and boy did they deliver. We arrived on the island about 1130 and walked over and checked in. We were able to leave our luggage. We went to lunch and got a call that our room was ready around 1245, even though check in is officially at 3. Our luggage was in our room, as well as a note welcoming us and a bottle of sparkling beverage. Cute rooms with lovely linens. And the bathtub....I can't say enough. Then between 5 and six there was wine and hor'dourves as well as sparkling apple juice. They also dona turndown service at bedtime. In the morning, a lovely continental breakfast is set up in your room, featuring freshly baked bread. All in all a winner.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We couldn't ask for a better experience. We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and a Happy Anniversary card. The daily breakfast was heavenly...delicious warm bread! The attention to detail such as refreshing the ice bucket for our beer was appreciated. The room was clean, space was a little limited but we made it work. People were pleasant and helpful. Great location, near the beach and shops all very close.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple