“Perfect Vacation Home”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of 330 Sumner Ave

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Connie H
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect Vacation Home”
Reviewed 24 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

The cottage has a nice location. A quick walk to the market and beach, and restaurants. The cottage itself was quaint. Nicely decorated. Secure backyard. Comfortable beds. Kitchen well stocked. We had a wedding reception with 20 people and the covered porch and backyard was perfect to find room to gather. Neighbors are friendly!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was great to see detailed pictures online.
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Adrian K
La Crescenta, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 13 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

First time renting a home in Catalina and second time renting a home ever. My experience was not what I expected. The photos make the place look cute and fresh but this home lacked pride of ownership. The front porch was dirty and in need of fresh paint for the past 5 years from what it looked like. The rear patio needed cleaning and clutter removal if you wanted to enjoy a BBQ. I'm not sure who's responsibility it is for the areas outside the home but if I owned the place I would make sure it was spotless for my guests. The front door mat was disgusting and looked like it was from a frat house and the deck underneath it and filthy railing was just as bad. The cute kids play kitchen needed cleaning and that what we had to do for our 1 year old to enjoy it. The place was smaller than expected but that didn't bother me as much as the dated and for the most part over sized furniture. Yes, it's old and cute but it lacked TLC. The house has settled quite a bit over the years so you'll have to get used to the uneven floors. What I liked best was the kitchen and local neighbor watching from the porch. This street is extremely busy with noisy golf carts whizzing by but this is where the locals live so you'll have to get used to that as well. We had 4 adults and one infant. Do not try to have any more than that! It was tough enough with what we had. And if you have a toddler beware of the lower plate glass on the doors, I don't believe they are tempered. I'll bump it up to a 2 rating because I don't really have anything recent to compare to.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
20 Nov 2014
Actually, the owners of 330 Sumner are very involved. It appears that the exterior did NOT get freshened up prior to your arrival. My apologies. A call to our office would have resulted in house keeping coming back to take care of the overlooked items.
Regards
CIVR Management
CA
Reviewed 3 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Oceanside ca
Reviewed 25 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
MJWilliam...
Aurora, Colorado
“Girl Getaway - Catalina Jazz Fest”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We just returned to Texas from our Girl's Getaway in Catalina. My sister, 2 aunts, a friend and I, spent 4 wonderful days at this very cute cottage. Check in/out process was seamless. The house was spotless, well stocked and only a short walk from everything; we only used taxis to the concerts and from ferry. The kitchen was so well equipped and liked by everyone. I wouldn't call this a negative, but just wouldn't recommend the craw foot tub for anyone with bad knees (like mind) :-), but would highly recommend this property for anyone planning a trip to Catalina. I will definitely use CIVR for a rental next year.

Thank you Chay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness, kitchen and little wagon.
Liked least: Craw-foot tub
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing