“Serene and relaxing.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Rhami H
“Serene and relaxing.”
Reviewed 18 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

The unit had everything we needed. The bed was a bit small but we made it work. The kitchen was stocked and ready for cooking. The golf cart was a nice addition to the unit because it allowed us to venture round the island on our own. We liked the off-road wheels and lift on the golf cart. Overall, nice unit with great views.

Jin S
Irvine, California
“It's definitely worthy this price!”
Reviewed 19 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The experience is even better than what we expected!
The room is clean and tidy. All the furniture has their characters. The balcony is amazing! We had our brunch there every morning!
I would like to stay there again!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
HMatter
Sacramento, California
“Spectacular views”
Reviewed 27 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed here during the JazzTrax smooth jazz festival. The villa is in a large development of owner occupied and rental condos. It looks and feels just like a Mediterranean village. It is about 1.5 miles from town. But i wouldn't think of walking, the hills between Avalon and Hamilton Cove would not be a pleasant hike with or without luggage. Once you are there, the stairs can be a challenge if you are not in good physical shape. The unit is fairly well maintained. A few minor problems may have gone un-repaired in recent months. A couple of switches were loose in the electrical boxes. One plug plate was broken but was immediately replaced when I contacted the property management company, Catalina Island Vacation Rentals (CIVR).The pocket door between the bedroom and closet was not on the track, and couldn't be closed. This also separates the bathroom from the bedroom. The maintenance person looked at it, but it could not be easily repaired during our stay. The unit has an abundance of appliances, cookware and dishes. We stayed a week and did a lot of cooking while on the island. We never needed anything that wasn't' already in the kitchen.
The owner was very helpful and truly concerned when I could not open the small safe that held my wallet and a few pieces of jewelry.
The only down side to the week was dealing with CIVR. During the booking process and up to actually getting to Catalina, CIVR was great. They answered phone calls on weekends and helped me make decisions on things to do while not enjoying the concerts. Then when I got there I felt as if I was a bother to them. Granted they must have been slammed for the week because most days, the concert was sold out. But even if you are slammed with things to do, when a guest walks through the front door or calls on the phone, they should leave feeling as if they just intruded on your day. But hey everyone has a few bad days once in a while. And being resourceful, I can work around just about anything.
I would go again, but would avoid CIVR if I had the option.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views of the ocean, Talking with the owner.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
20 Nov 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I remember the safe issue. I believe the problem was solved with a simple battery replacement. Yes, we are busy during Jazztrax, but that's no excuse for you feeling like you were a bother to us. I will share your concerns with our staff. We DO love helping our guests, and get far more kudos than complaints with regards to our customer service. I do hope you give us another try.
Regards,

person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
20 Nov 2014
Thanks for you comments. The Hamilton Cove Homeowners Association has invested in some updated amenities in the pool area.
Do come back and give us another try.
CIVR Management
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing