All reviews la fitness corner bakery front desk bagels exercise room strip mall free breakfast great property light sleeper an older property orange county stayed here for one night breakfast room the room was nice free parking first floor convenient location
Reviewed 10 September 2016

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago, like most people to visit Disneyland. Whilst the location is not THAT far from the parks (11miles I believe) the traffic between makes it feel so much longer. This was the first time we hadn't stayed in a hotel that was closer to the parks and really missed the use of the ART as driving to and parking in Disney is an excursion in itself.

The room had a motel-y feel but for the money paid it was fine. There was no safe in the room but we were advised we could safely leave valuables at the front desk. However, there was only one member of staff on the desk and when we brought our stuff round on our way out instead of dealing with our query quickly she kept stopping us to answer the reception phone (at least 5 times) which resulted in us waiting 15minutes just to leave IDs and iPads in a bag and a queue forming behind us. Heard more than a few disgruntled complaints.

Positives: Clean room. Free wifi for 3 devices. Complimentary breakfast with variety. Free car park.
Negatives: I don't care what anyone says - it is not handy for Disney. Location is not ideal (busy roads). Reception staff member. Room just felt so basic (very motel-y). Rooms small. No safe. Did not feel like I was staying in Anaheim.

Genuinely, the thing I missed most was staying in a hotel near the attractions/restaurants of Anaheim. The ART is a God send when travelling between parks - takes so much stress off you, reliable and (depending on the people in your party) can work out cheaper than self parking in Disney.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Jillian J, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear travelerlauraa,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are not a Disneyland hotel as we are located in Anaheim Hills which is outside of the Disneyland area, but just close enough to enjoy the park and return to our property without much delay. We will work with our front desk to ensure they are able to juggle the phone calls and the guests in front of them more effectively. We have a great team that would love to give you a better experience next time you return to our area! We uphold our commitment to excellent customer service, so we will work together to make sure every stay is a good one.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Not a 4 star hotel, but it was a good value for the price considering the area. Free parking and free wi-fi are the positive items. Noisy rooms, boring breakfast, and a dirty pool area due to crumbling concrete coating are the negative items. Staff was friendly and accommodating. And the Management put up notices that they were aware of the crumbling pool patio and were working to address the problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor, on the side of the hotel AWAY from the freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Jillian J, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear mikeyk916,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us about your stay. We have been working to renovate the pool area so we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Although we have a vast array of breakfast options, i am sorry to hear uou were not pleased with our choices. We are going to address each department to see where we can make it a better stay for you and all of our guests.

Jillian.jackson@marriott.com

Reviewed 23 August 2016

After reading the reviews online AFTER I had made my reservation, I was more than a bit concerned about going to the hotel. I knew I would arrive after 9 p.m. which raised more concerns; however, it was a nice hotel with professional registration staff. The room itself was a 4 plus for a Fairfield Inn. Very clean with nice design, a large bathroom, desk and even a microwave and refrigerator.
Location is right off the freeway, so ask for a room away from the road. I don't like doors leading outside for a hotel, but it was OK and the staff offered to walk me to my room at 11:00, but there were families outside chatting on the patio, so I went by myself and was perfectly comfortable. This is a "travel stop" or "visiting the family" hotel and not a destination hotel.
And, for out of state folks -- it is not anywhere near Disneyland - (and traffic between the Anaheim Center and Anaheim Hills is terrible). The only, and I mean only reason this area is part of Anaheim is an agreement from the 1950s involving a reservoir and later acquisition of a narrow finger of land stretching miles from the main city of Anaheim. This is not a Disneyland hotel. But it is a nice stopover hotel. I would go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a third story room away from the freeway.
1  Thank sabbaticalplanner958
Jillian J, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Hi Sabbaticalplanner958,

Thank you for your kind review. Although we are about 11 miles from Disneyland, we are a wonderful property with a great staff and located in a peaceful as well as safe area. We appreciate that you are able to find comfort in our rooms. We take great pride in providing exceptional service to all of our guests and we are happy to hear that you were taken care of during your stay. We make every effort to have our guests leave feeling refreshed and happy with their experience. Anaheim Hills is a beautiful suburb of Anaheim proper that offers great hiking trails, family activities, and much more! We hope to have you return to our property in the future! If you are ever back in our area, please let us know and we will happily assist you with any of your hotel needs.

Warm regards,

201 N. Via Cortez
Anaheim, CA 92807

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Several reviews mention expressway traffic noise. However, a room on one of the three floors of open to the outside hallways over-looking the small pool, large covered smoking area and backside of the adjacent shops depends on the behavior of other guests. (Police were called during my stay.) The house-keeping staff work hard but are understaffed for the demands of a full hotel during the summer season. I found a wet towel & clothing in the cleaned room at check in and garbage which stayed piled next to the elevator an examples. Over two days of a three day stay, I tried to contact the manager five times, the desk stating the manager was “away”, “busy”, “unavailable”, etc. with phone call and e-mail not returned. At check out when asked “How was my stay?”, answering, “I just put my review on line”, someone popped out from an office and was suddenly available. I have not received a follow up questionnaire, thus listing suggestions here: Glass & portable cooking grills do not belong in the small pool area. The 10pm closing of the pool needs an enforced “quiet hours” policy. The staff should be monitoring the hallways and the various parking lots and deal with rowdy guests or situations as they occur. Find groups a place to gather such as the breakfast room or lobby so the rest of the guests can also enjoy their stay. (A lively church group worshipped in the breakfast room one evening.) Have an available large trash receptacle for guest use. Finally, speak with your guests rather than let matters fester. This hotel is inappropriate for the business traveler due to noise and a slow, unsecured wifi Turn at the shopping area but continue straight towards the adjacent expressway to find the hotel, limited signage. Grocery & restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: pick one: traffic noise or guest noise, trucks either way.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank norah50
Jillian J, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

Dear norah50,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your recent visit. Please accept our sincere apology for your unpleasant stay. We will make the changes necessary to ensure this is an isolated incident. We hope that in the future you will give us another chance when you are back in the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

UUggh. Super disappointed and surprised this is classified as a 4.3 out of 5 on Marriott's site and I am an Elite member, so I know the brand.

I would say that the inside of the rooms don't quite match up to the actual property, design and aesthetics. The positives are: granite counter tops with an oversized vanity area, a bath tub, good size refer, coffee station and microwave. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable but there was a weird scent, not quite a smell.

Our first night was a late check in and if I had more time, we would have found another hotel. But we stayed and the only rooms they had faced the freeway... no joke, it looked straight at the on-ramp. Worse yet, the door was closed but it doesn't really seal, so you can hear everything, even the window had noise coming through it. Good news though because that noise is somewhat cancelled out by the loud AC unit right below that window, which provided "white noise" over the freeway. UP ALL NIGHT!

The next day I asked to be moved because I had two more nights on the reservation and they accommodated it; we are in the process of moving and adding another thing to my list (like find a new hotel) just wasn't in the cards.

The pool is pretty old and sits in the middle of the parking lot with the hotel around it. Not vacation like at all.

The maintenance staff was visible and working hard. I suppose with a property this old, it's constant upkeep. The outside walkways and hallways are dirty, and really need to be washed down, although I realize CA is in a serious drought.

Lastly, and I feel terrible saying this but... the eggs at breakfast were the worst thing I have ever tasted! I don't know how you do this to eggs or where they came from but I strongly suggest they change them. The breakfast room was supercrowded but there is some equally depressing outside tables by the parking lot that were empty.

Stay here if you have too or if its a short visit. If you've got kids and its vacation, skip it.

Room Tip: Inside, pool view if you want to get any sleep
2  Thank JKRan
Jillian J, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Dear JKRan,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills Orange County. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our property. I hope that our staff was able to help when needed. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the inadequacies in breakfast, we are in the midst of relaunching a bigger, better breakfast. We also apologize for the lack of sleep you endured while on the backside of the building. While we do offer ear plugs and we have altered the doors to avoid excess noise, we understand that you some guests are more sensitive to the noise than others. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Anaheim Hills.

Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills