“Flim Flam With a Smile”

US$136,69*
and up
Apache Trail / Canyon Lake Steamboat Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: This abandoned old mining town, which has been refurbished as a tourist attraction, includes a mine tour, rides and shops.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Everyone there seemed to enjoy visiting it. It looks very realistic. But it was overpriced and the mine tour in particular was very short and I have my doubts it was ever part of a real mine. Some of the "buildings" were closed. I admit I was a bit annoyed when I had to wait for someone to sell me a mine tour ticket, but the guide stopped his tour and came to help me when no one else did. The guide was full of personality, but it really didn't cover the short tour of what was supposed to be a former mine. It had some artifacts, but I don't really think it was worth 9.00. I wished I had time to take the train ride. But it was 106 degrees and I didn't feel like waiting around for 30 minutes. It is the only narrow gauge railroad in AZ. But it is pretty short, only a 20 minute round trip. Kids will love it no doubt. People will like the gift shops. Best to visit when it is cooler.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 452)
All reviews
"horseback riding"
in 41 reviews

30 - 34 of 1 452 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was a fun place to stop before starting the Apache Trail. We got there early and building slowly opened at 10am. May have been a better experience if we got to the town later in the day. Did buy a few things when we were there.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Authentic looking, unfortunately many of the places were closed. We went on a Monday , about 1pm in 102 degree heat. Stores are very interesting and reasonably priced. Very scenic, enjoyed the railroad tour ride.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

This was a cool Wild West town! We bought the combo ticket for the train ride, mine tour, and mystery shack. It was very interesting and we learned a lot. The coolest thing to do there was the snake display. It was amazing to see so many critters that are common in Arizona! The Superstition Mountains are in view too. There was also some unique stores and the prices were very reasonable. We all enjoyed it!